Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wedding Week

Monday we had to return the rental car and then we drove in to Kara's to do two loads of laundry.  We were going to go to lunch with her and Bill but the word spread and soon Kelly, Ally and Bidkar joined us and we had 7 people for lunch.  We ate at a new BBQ place that advertised Texas Sweet BBQ sauce.  I told him I would try that because I am a Texas Sweet!  He just looked at me.  These northerners have no sense of humor!  We returned home for a quiet evening and Karen's apple pie for dinner.  I began the blanching, peeling, slicing and freezing of the peaches.

When we were in Marion at the Ford dealership, they checked the truck out all over.  The only thing they found that needed attention was our front tires that were "cupped."  On Tuesday, Bill met us at a tire store where Kara arranged special pricing since they were a customer of hers.  While Ted waited, Bill and I went looking for half slips that turned out to be very elusive!  After four stores we found some but not as long as we wanted them to be or the exact sizes.  In desperation we bought two anyway to see if they would work under the wedding dresses.  They were aligning the truck when we returned and soon we were headed back to the campground.  I had finished up the peaches and had given two quarts to Kara to make a cobbler for Saturday and I have two quarts in the freezer now.

Twice I had planned to go to Kara's to send my Forum reminder out about the Regent Care nursing home fall party back home to those signed up to work. I knew I couldn't send it with the attachment that tells the workers what to bring and what their job will be on my IPad so I had previously sent the attachment to Kara to save.  I called Kara when I got back to the park and had her sign in to my Forum account and walked her through the process.  It worked because I started getting replies back right away.  I was glad she and I were able to accomplish that. 

We had a quiet afternoon with a little napping going on.  It had been a very busy 10 days so a down afternoon was welcome.  We took a walk around the campground after dinner and visited a short while with the folks two spots down.  Their little dog Stella ran out to greet us.

Wednesday was Ted's 73rd birthday!  He chose to go shooting and when he returned we left for the grocery.  It has been awhile since we bought that many bags of groceries.  Ted tends to go frequently buying just a few items at a time but then there are 2 of us, not 14!

We were assigned to pick up the food for the rehearsal party but Kelly gave us crossroads instead of a directional corner (turned out to be NW) and the incorrect info on what street the restaurant faced!  Kristin and Larry, working with the same incorrect info, finally pulled up just as we needed their car to carry some of the food.  An unbelievable amount!  I needed a glass of wine when we got to Kelly's.  It was Ted's birthday and Kara made him a cake.  To not steal the wedding's thunder, my birthday and the gift giving will be done on Saturday after the wedding.


We received the foot plate for the landing leg but they sent the wrong bolts.  So Bill figured out what we needed and checked the other leg.  It was barely being held on by a too short bolt.  He said he would come out early on Saturday once Ted had the rest of what they needed to help get us get put back together again.



We chose to drive in and spend Thursday night at Kara's.  The hair and make up extravaganza was starting at 8 am on Friday.  I took my clothes and dressed after my turn at primping. Eventually Ted showed up and he was also all dressed.

Our three granddaughters


Our only boy, grandson Sam with Morgan.  


Wedding party.


We drove Ally the bride and Kelly the MOB, to the wedding chapel.  The fellows had all gathered at one of the groomsmen's home and we all met up there.  It turned out to be a beautiful ceremony and went off without a hitch.  Despite it being on a Friday afternoon, the chapel was filled.


A new role for us - Grandparents of the bride!


Parents of the bride


Our daughters Kristin and Kara with bride, Ally


This time we won the longest married couple dance.  I felt like Secretariat because by 40 years we were the only ones left!  We were way out in front!


A visit to our table by the newly married couple.


Saturday we invited everyone out to the campground.  I spent the morning preparing salsa, cut up onions and peppers, pasta salad, fruit salad and beans.  Kara made coleslaw and peach cobbler with the peaches we had picked.  Of course others brought things and soon we had enough to feed an army to go with our smoked sausages, sweet Italian sausages, brats and hot dogs.  We commandeered two additional picnic tables to hold the food and give people a place to sit and eat.  We had 17 guests in all.  Ted built a fire and our guests stayed until almost 11:00 o'clock.  I was whipped by the end of the night.







Sunday morning I was "down in the back" as my grandpa would say.  Ted went to church without me and Kara and Bill insisted on coming out to help.  I had little by little made the inside ready so they helped Ted outside.  They followed us to the dump station and we pulled out together, they heading south to go home.  We went north to pick up I-69, heading to Indiana.  Next stop - Cross RV, LaGrange IN.






No comments: