Friday, September 23, 2016

Tucker Knows!

Tucker hasn't liked going out on his leash but I am not taking any more chances.  I have called the fence guy since we have talked about getting it replaced so this gave me the momentum to make that call.  Barry will take care of Tucker and his new little tricks.  He has also been ringing his bell constantly to go out so I think wherever he stayed when we were not available gave him a treat each time he did it.  I take him out but no treat unless he actually goes and then it is a very small one.  That has tapered off somewhat now.

I made a fruit salad for a funeral lunch and Ted ran it up to church for me.  I had a doctor's appointment and needed to get ready.  This was just a check up of the basal cell spot he had removed back in early summer.  It was fine.

Friday Ted drove to Waco to work at a boy's ranch shoot to help Mike in his ministry.  They were starting at 6:30 in the morning  and it is a 3 hour drive.  I decided not to go because I didn't know what I would do with Tucker.  He had to check out of his motel early in the morning and I would have had him with me all day.  It is still pretty hot here and I just felt it was best to stay home since we have never been there and didn't know the lay of the land.

I had a lunch meeting for Forum to discuss the basket we are putting together for our 35th anniversary luncheon.  We moved from Beauty Basket to A Day in Town at Christmas because our centerpiece is a donated red tote purse.  We have a Gucci scarf, two sets of jewelry, an Ukta gift card and nail polish so far.  Pat will look for something to serve as a base and Orpha will check on Nutcracker tickets.  We will meet again to put it all together in a presentable display.  We have more donations and some money left to fill it out.  

When I arrived home I spoke with Irene who was at Apple trying to get her phone fixed.  We agreed to meet at Panera Bread later for dinner and see a movie.  I freshened up a bit and met her  as scheduled.  We decided to see Snowden since she had already seen Sully.  Just as we were walking in her phone rang and it was her alarm company.  Her garage door alarm was going off.  We hopped into my car and drove right there, her neighbor had been alerted and had checked everything and nothing was awry so we returned to the movie.  This time we ran into two couples that we both know so we stopped to chat for a bit.  We haven't seen too many folks yet so it was fun to have a short time to say hello.

We enjoyed the movie and I think it was done very well.  He is an extraordinarily smart individual with a strong sense of right and wrong.  I applaud him for bringing the truth out about what was going on (especially when I saw the clip of the guy rubbing his head during the Congressional hearings swearing the government was not spying on Americans). I watched him tell this lie!  His path for disclosing this may have not been the best since it exposed much national security but I am not sure how else he would have gotten the word out. It is scary when you learn what really goes on.  Our government scares the heck out of me now.  I don't see justice administered equally anymore.

I dropped Irene at her car and hurried home to let Tucker out.  Irene said her alarm went off repeatedly and she almost called to ask me to spend the night but she didn't.  John is home now so hopefully they will get the problem fixed.

I didn't have a lot to do Saturday except for three loads of laundry.  Ted arrived home about 2:30 and we went to church at 5:00.  Terry and Carol asked us to go out to eat but I had dinner in the crockpot so we came home.

We watched football all evening to end our second week at home.  Next week I have plans but none of them are any more exciting than this week.  Sometimes it is good to just hang loose.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." ~ Bill Watterson, author of Calvin and Hobbes








No comments: