Monday, August 11, 2014

Another Countdown Begins

I had a good week getting things done and being places I needed to be last week.  I hope this week turns out as well.

Lazy Boy picked up the loveseat Tuesday and returned it on Saturday, I attended training for the Back to School shot blitz clinic, I had my hair cut and nails done, I took food to and worked at a funeral luncheon at church, did the laundry, cleaned the house, got my clothes and things ready for packing and hosted Shanghai here Saturday night.  Sunday we were invited to Terry and Carol's for dinner.

This week I will work at the shot clinic, play Shanghai with the couples' group, attend my neighborhood luncheon and fix a casserole to take to our Forum sign up meeting where I need to monitor sign ups for the Children's Festival and the Christmas Gift Distribution for the Women's Shelter.


Then we will pack our bags, give Chris a big hug for taking care of things "back at the ranch" in our absence and board KLM for a 9 hour flight to Amsterdam followed by a 2 hour flight to Bucharest.  We will travel to Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Hungary and the Czech Republic.  It is our first venture into Eastern Europe having covered western Europe pretty well.

Of the five couples here for Shanghai Saturday night, three of us are jet setting this week.  One is going to Argentina, the other to the Galapagos Islands.  What fun it is to share stories and photos the next time we meet. 

"Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover.” – Mark Twain



No comments: