Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Green, Green Grass of Home

We have had an inordinate amount of rain since our return and it is as green as springtime around here.  I usually stop my grass cutting every week around the first of November but I may need to continue it a bit longer.  We have it cut every other week over the winter.  The grass isn't really growing but it can get messy with pine needles and such so it is nice to get the yard tidied up at least every other week.

Friday we decided to vote early and then ride to the campground to change our reservation to Monday from Wednesday.  Gwen and Melissa in the office were delighted to see us, and us them!  It has been awhile since we've camped here.  Afterwards we stopped by Tommy and Susan's site and ended up visiting so long we ate supper at Red Robin because it was too late to fire up the grill at home.

When I checked my email that evening I had an email from the county court clerk saying my service was not needed and thanked me!  Now it was easier to plan for our week.

Saturday we went to church at 5:00 and then came home to put on our costumes for the party we were invited to.  We were going to be Amish farmers but I never found suspenders so we opted to go as Hawaiian tourists.  Ted wore yellow shorts with a yellow and blue Aloha shirt with a lei.  I wore a white caftan with pink and lavender flowers, a lei and a flower in my hair.  It wasn't too original since Dick and Jeanette had on their Aloha outfits too!

Here are some of the ladies and gents.



We had Cleopatra.


And Davy Crockett.


The winners of the costume contest.


Ted

Me


We had a fun time with our friends.  Jeanette's kids came as Scooby Doo and the teens who ran with him as well as a butterfly and a tiger.  Great costumes.

Sunday I went to the grocery to prepare for our week out in the RV and Ted went shooting.  On Monday we split up and he went for fuel and to hook up while I drove my car over to the campground.  We arrived together (great timing!) and got set up.  Tommy was there to meet us as well as Harley from the Dallas group.

We visited some, had dinner and watched Dancing With The Stars later that evening.  Tuesday Ted had to go to the Chronicle and I went to Junior Forum to help prepare the Holiday Party invitations for bulk mailing.  I arrived back way before Ted and visited with Tommy, Nick and Fallon for the afternoon.

When Ted returned he said he had to get dressed, turned around and went back down to dinner with his fellow employees who were in town.  And he had to go back down this morning and has just returned at 4:30.  He is not used to putting in such long two day periods.

Today I cleaned the carpets and rearranged my cabinets to avoid the disaster we had when all my corning ware flew out and broke.  I made chicken soup and we are having Tommy and Susan over for dinner after eveyrone has their nap.

Tomorrow Ted is home and we have a rally breakfast at 9:00, I play cards at noon and then a potluck at 5:30.  I hope I get back in time to get my sweet potatoes peeled and baked in time for dinner!  Our week is going by quickly.

Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Loved your costumes - it's fun to dress up every once in awhile - right? Seems like you are as busy as usual - enjoy your time in the RV!