Thursday, October 24, 2013

Happy HallowThankMas

Well I have seen the first Christmas commercial from Pet Smart, Halloween decorations are all over the place and we have an invitation for Thanksgiving dinner (woohoo!).  I ordered my first two Christmas presents on Amazon this morning.  So the season of HallowThankMas has officially begun.

We have been going to church on Sunday mornings the past few weeks.  On occasion it is because we have to be somewhere before we would get out on Saturday and sometimes we just don't feel like stopping what we are doing. Ted likes college football on Saturday and if we go at 9 am on Sunday he can see the professional football games too.  Yippee!  (I really need a sarcasm font.)

So this past weekend we went to church Sunday morning, watched football and then joined the Dining Out group for dinner at a local restaurant.  Even though it was Mexican I ordered talapia and it was excellent.  

We had a huge funeral at our church on Monday for a doctor killed on his bicycle when a truck backed out and hit him.  He was a department head at a very big hospital here and we knew many would attend.  I had my bunco group meeting so I got up early, made 24 chicken salad sandwiches and delivered them along with two gallons of iced tea for the reception.  I offered to return after bunco to help with clean up but they said they had plenty of help.  There is another memorial funeral Monday, 11/4, so I will try to keep my calendar clear and be available.

I did learn that I could get a job as a barmaid at the Hofbrau Haus because I carried two gallons of tea (16 lbs.) with one hand and the sandwiches with the other from my car to the kitchen at church.  Those beer steins would be no problem.

Tuesday was laundry day and Tucker was picked up to go home.  He was so excited when they came for him.  Wouldn't it be great if all our friends and family would be so excited to see us each and every time and show it with such enthusiasm?

Yesterday I worked the senior luncheon for Northwest Assistance Ministries.  It was another early morning wake up to be ready to leave at 7:45.   I arrived right at 8:30 as instructed and lo and behold the seniors were already showing up.  Some were already seated!  They were dressed in costumes but I never did hear who won the contest.  Global Warming was the most unique and I was the first to figure it out.  Believe me, that wasn't easy!

I had an appointment to get my hair cut, colored and highlighted.  It has been touch ups since last June so it was time for an overhaul.  This morning I got my nails done.  These are thought to be "lady of leisure" activities but I don't have much leisure and find it hard to work these appointments in.  It's a good thing I don't have lots of doctor appointments.  I just don't have time for that.

I met Gerre for lunch today to celebrate our birthdays.  They both were almost three weeks ago but she is as busy as I am.  She had Bible Study this morning and a doctor's appointment this afternoon so we had exactly one hour, 15 minutes for lunch.  I was able to go right from my nail appointment.

We had a nice visit and were joined by a lady I met last week at the Newcomers luncheon.  She was meeting someone but I think they had their times crossed.  I saw a lady waiting when I arrived but she left by the time Marie arrived.  At least I am not the only one who does stuff like that.

Ted went to Beaumont for work yesterday, came home while I was gone this morning, and left again to work an outing at the gun club before I got back from lunch.  Two ships passing in the night.

Tomorrow I have to call to see if I must report for jury duty on Monday.  Our whole week hinges on that answer.  We'll work it out.

1 comment:

Carol said...

As I have said in the past - you stay so busy! Dan and I are working on getting the guest bedroom/nursery done so that is keeping us busy. We were suppose to be on vacation this week since Lorelai went to Atlanta with her parents (Melissa had to attend a conference) but had a health issue with Mom and had to come home. Good thing we hadn't made it to the mountains yet! Left the camper in Dowling Park - Dan will go pick it up sometime in the next month. Good luck with jury duty!