Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ready To Move On

Our week here at Thunder Bay Resort is over and we'll be departing tomorrow morning.

I did get calls from all the kids and they made it home safely. We so enjoyed our time with the kids over the last three weeks both here and at Addison Oaks.

We stayed close to home on Monday as Ted regained his stamina after his bug bout. By Tuesday he was feeling pretty good. We drove to Alpena to have a new tire put on the truck. We had a flat spot and the thumpity-thump-thump was aggravating and made driving more difficult. Also, we didn't want to be in the remote U.P. of Michigan and have a problem with that tire.

We were invited to a pizza buffet at the restaurant connected to the golf course here. There were 18 of us in all. Nice salad, really good bread sticks and great pizza. I made two key lime pies and Linda made some peanut butter crunch bars which we all enjoyed in the pavilion afterwards. People have been coming and going all week and I think there are a couple more rigs in next week. Linda and Howard are here until mid-October.

Today we went to Alpena again and I had my nails done. We were going to Presque Isle but Ted was hoping to go golfing with Howard after their river float and I forgot my camera so we came back. The float group got caught in a terrible storm though it didn't rain here. They came back very late. We all met in the pavilion again where everyone said goodbye to us.

I think I'll be without wifi for the next week so I'll do my best to remember what we do between now and then. Next stop - Germfask, MI in the upper peninsula.

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys are still having a great time!! Enjoy the U.P. and be safe!!

Carol said...

Continued safe travels!