Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Short and Hopefully Sweet

The wifi at Grand Lake only worked if you were sitting under the antenna by the office and we were much too busy to take time to do that so I'm behind. We never did get the Verizon set up so I'm using campground wifi.

We left Cincinnati last Friday and took Route 127 up through Ohio farmland to the state park. I know the price of hog futures, corn and wheat because they told us on the radio. LOL. We arrived by 11 o'clock, set up, took a ride around and stopped at a shop called From the Heart. It is an organization's thrift store. I found three Charles Dickens Village series Department 56 houses. They were set in their Styrofoam containers inside their original boxes. They were marked $4.50 each. I bought them for Kara. She looked them up on line and the prices there were $40, $68 and $70. Whoopee!! I also bought two new rolls of wrapping paper since I used the last I had in the RV to wrap Nolan's birthday gift. Then we met up with Dan, Sue and Brandon at the Mexican restaurant for dinner ... our first since leaving Texas! Afterwards we went back to their house to visit.

Saturday we went to a garage sale Sue was helping with. The lady gave me fridge magnets, flag decals and necklaces (30 of each) for $3 for the goodie bags at our Family Reunion next summer. Her business shut down and these things were left. I also bought a new Lenox shamrock Christmas ornament for Kara who has a tree with only Lenox on it. She's also big into the Irish part of our family.

That afternoon we rode to Kettering for Nolan's first birthday. He is the best baby! Not once did he cry, fuss or holler all day. He just looked around in awe at everything that was going on around him. It was nice to see Nathan and Meg along with her family that we met at their wedding a few years back. Brandon drove us home in a terrible thunderstorm.

Sunday after church we went out to eat and then I dropped Ted off at the gun club where he met up with Brandon and Dan to shoot skeet. I continued on to Sue's to do laundry. She and I watched a movie - the one about Girlfriends Past (like a Christmas Carol) but I can't remember the exact name. It was OK but what a pain he was. God's gift to women - or so he thought. At dinnertime we cooked out and visited some more.

Ted received a phone call Monday from the Ford dealer in St. Marys so he went there while Sue and I shopped for a dress for her to wear to her daughter Beth's wedding. We didn't have any luck and neither did Ted! He drove a new 2011 and proclaimed it "really nice" but with a $64,000 window sticker I want it to raise my firstborn or something similar (since she's already 44!).

Dan left work early and we met at Bella's for a very late lunch and then looked around at some campgrounds. I feel we really need a month in Cincinnati, would enjoy a month in Celina and a month in Michigan in the summer. That allows us to visit without rushing, cuts down on the fuel expenditures and cuts the campground fees in half. We won't do that for a few years because we have some more long trips to take but it's probably what we'll do down the road.

It's rained almost every night for the past two weeks but not during the day so we didn't have to travel or set up in the rain when we moved on to Auburn, IN. We arrived early, had lunch and then went to the two museums right next door. I took pictures and will elaborate more on them when I get the pictures downloaded.

Today Ted wanted to go to Shipshewana to the flea market so we drove the 50 miles. We bought lots more things for the goodie bags but not much else. We did eat at the Auction Restaurant which was really good and we spent sometime in the barn where all the auctions were going on. I was careful not to scratch my head or anything else while we were in there! Who knows what I may have bought?

Tomorrow we head to Addison Oaks, an Oakland County, Michigan park where we'll be until July 1. Friday is Sam's Pump It Up birthday party and he's spending the night so he doesn't have to sit through the dance recital twice. He'll attend with us on Saturday.

I have 7 minutes left on my battery so I'll close for now!

No comments: