Thursday, June 10, 2010

Heading to Grand Lake St. Marys State Park

We had eaten out so much that I talked Cindy and Tim into just coming here for dinner. We had a nice visit and they were so impressed with our RV. I don't think they saw the last one because there isn't a lot of difference cosmetically. They love to travel and I think in time they wouldn't mind hitting the road in one of these.

We didn't talk much about the reunion but managed to spend several hours just shooting the breeze. I was thinking we possibly wouldn't be in Cincinnati next year because of the family reunion in Pigeon Forge but it seems their daughter Amy will be getting married next summer so who knows what our plans will be.

Wednesday I went into Lawrenceburg and got a manicure and pedicure. I've used this salon before and thought I would just get that out of the way. In the evening I met up with friends I've known since 1950 when I started kindgergarten at St. Bonaventure school. We went all the way through 8th grade together and then three of the girls went on to Mercy High School with me. It's such fun to talk about the silly things we remember, the other kids and some of our teachers. John brought a kindergarten picture and we had great fun identifying everyone. Surprisingly, amongst us all, we did quite well with that. Ted had gone shooting and picked me up just as it was getting dark.

Today we started preparing for our travels tomorrow. My niece Jill came over after work and we had one last go at LaRosa's for pizza. Kara wanted a polybag of pizza sauce so we got that on our way out.

Jill and Ted had great fun feeding the ducks when we got back to the campground. They liked the stale hot dog buns, didn't think much of chow mein noodles and ate the soda crackers if you threw them into the water first. We didn't know if that had to do with the salt or moisture content.




It's always sad to leave our famiy and friends in this area. We may be back in November for a wedding but the jury is out on that. Airfares are heading ever upward. I have Yapta watching for me to let me know when prices change. If we can hit a decent price, we'll decide at that time.

On the road again .......

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It was wonderful seeing you and Ted on Thursday!! I hope that you made it to the lake safely! I think that those ducks would've followed Ted to the moon as long as he had hot dog buns! lol

Carol said...

Donna - Take care and be careful on your trip - but also have lots of fun! Will look forward to hearing about your adventures!!