Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm Just Flat Out Tired

Tuesday dawned as a nice day but we were all pretty whipped from the day in Galveston. We had planned to drive to Richmond, TX to the George Ranch but no one felt up to the ride and 3 hours of walking around. So we let everyone sleep in and sort of fend for themselves eating. At 4 pm we all went to a movie - Twilight for Kelly's family and Doubt for me and Ted. We all met up after the movies.

By then it was dark so we went to see the ice rink, walked through the lighted "Wonderland" and strolled along the waterway to the water feature where water, lights and music present a show of sorts. After a quick spin through Market Street, we headed home for dinner.

They left the next morning around 10 for Dallas with Ally the undisputed Mexican Train champ but I held the winning score in Wii Bowling. I haven't bowled for several years but I think my hip is ready to give it a try again. After all, I have the bowling ball Ted gave me for my 19th birthday in 1964! I bowled all the time until we moved to Texas and I just wasn't physically able to because of my hip.

Ted hooked up the RV and drove it to Rayford Campground and got it set up. Then he cleaned the carpets. He usually does this in September after our summer trip but this past year he was suffering from sciatica and we were just interested in getting the RV put away and getting him to a doctor. Ted and I then attended a New Year's Eve party and had an enjoyable time. We got home a little before 1 am and went right to bed.

After church the next morning Ted left for the campground so he and Rick could work on changing out the faucet on the vanity and work on getting the DTV boxes working on the TV. The LR TV was fine but on antenna the BR only showed what was on the other. I think they are making progress but it still hasn't been accomplished.

That evening we all grilled out at Dee and Rick's site and sat around visiting with a fire in the chiminea. It wasn't cold out so the fire was mostly for atmosphere. We broke up and I was in bed by 10:30 hoping for a good night's sleep. Unfortunately I didn't get it. I woke up multiple times through the night. I'm due for one of those "down for the count" nights.

Today Ted and Jay went out together and Stella and I hit the 99 Cent Store and Hobby Lobby. I want to redo the top of my kitchen cabinets when I take the Christmas stuff down so we were on a mission. We just snacked for dinner and went to play bingo in the rally hall. Brenda won $41 and Ted won $21. Not too bad a showing.

Tomorrow is Jay's birthday so we're all going out for dinner. Sunday we head for home. I still can't believe it is 2009! Now if I can just get a good night's sleep ...

No comments: