Friday, September 29, 2023

Not Too Busy of a Week

I stayed home finishing up laundry, putting things away, mail, etc.  

I had to scan my newly arrived passport into our cruise account to finish our registration.  It came right after we left!  We now have been moved to Green Line for boarding and can sign up for excursions, dinner times, shows, etc. Our ID medallion and lanyards are now going to be mailed to us free of charge with our Plus package.  It gives us lots of perks which I intend to make good use of.  Tips, Wi-Fi, alcoholic and all specialty drinks and desserts, two specialty dinners and exercise classes.  All requests are available by delivery to us no matter where we are on the ship. I plan to have a French vanilla cappuccino, sweet n low, no sugar delivered to my room each morning.  I probably will get room service breakfast too to eat on our verandah.  And a glass or two of white wine at dinner.  Maybe a margarita at the lounge shows.  Ted will make use of those specialty desserts depending on what is offered at lunch and dinner.  

I also had to download the results of my doctor appt in Michigan when I saw my doctor here on Thursday. Surprisingly, I had gained no weight since we left mid July and ate our way across the Midwest!  I have 10# to get back to my WW goal weight I hit in August 2018 but I had to lose them when we left!  Since I was out I got my nails done before coming home.  Other than that, not much has happened.  

Our daughter had surgery to have a vein removed in her leg.  It could not be stripped because it was not straight, looked more like a meandering river.  It took 21 small incisions to remove it all.  She is doing ok.  Our son-in-law Bill had a heart cath and a stent inserted.  Another cath needs to be done down the road. Lots of things to pray about.

Kristin sent me a Lladro birthday girl carrying a piece of cake to represent CeCe in our Lladro family.  We share the same birthday and she is too young to know her special interests.  I was given one of my sister’s angels.  It looks like a Lladro but is not.  It matches really well though and Aunt Karen joins us as the angel she was. 



Ted’s birthday was Wednesday but we did nothing special.  Our birthday and Christmas presents were the Grand Floridian 5 day stay and our tickets to the Andre Rieu concert.  Kelly sent a Delta gift card too.  We were more than delighted with these gifts and they appreciate giving us things we will enjoy more than a thing and would probably not buy for ourselves.  But I can get used to this first class style of travel!  


No comments: