Monday, September 18, 2023

More Time at Kristin’s

We returned to Kristin’s Tuesday while Kara and Bill stayed the night at Beach Club after an evening at the Food and Wine festival at Epcot.  

Ted spent hours on end with CeCe in the pool joined by Kristin and eventually Kara and Bill.  Bill fixed a few light switches and hung a laundry rack for Kristin. We did our best to make a dent in the remaining food making single serving size packets for Kristin to freeze.  

Kara wanted to go to Gator Lilly, a Lilly Pulitzer outlet.  The four of us went but I was the only one who bought anything, two pairs of slacks, getting ready for our Thanksgiving cruise.

Friday night we went to Giovanni’s at Bill’s  request.  It is  the restaurant we used for Kristin’s 50th birthday party and he likes it. 

Saturday was a flurry of getting out by 9 am to get to the airport in plenty of time.  Bill had to drop off the rental car and the rest of us were in Kristin’s car.

We got all checked in, checked 2 bags (no charge due to Ted’s silver status) so were able to drop them with a skycap and go on.  Our flight was full and I was blessed with a young mother, a 2 and 3 year old in two seats with more luggage than you can imagine!  The kids were fine except for one outburst that caused me to ask if she wanted out to walk him.  When he calmed down a much older child in front of us started screaming for his mother across the aisle.  The last half hour flying and the 20 minute wait for a gate was spent listening to this.  I don’t understand why whoever was in the mother’s window seat didn’t take the across the aisle seat so the kid could sit next to his mother.  I told God I was going to stop praying for patience if this was the test!  One funny moment was when CeCe who had not made one peep while watching the cartoons just shouted out “ I can’t hear”!

We all went to church Sunday and I got another noisy, car playing, crayon drawing on the pews boy who drowned out the sermon.  Our sermon was on asking two persons to approach a person who needed a fault pointed out versus gossiping about them.  I was thinking of asking Kelly and Kara to approach this lady with me about the Cry Room!  I renewed my threat to no longer pray for patience.  

We all had dinner Sunday at Kelly’s.  Kelly watched CeCe on Monday and we and Kara had her the rest of the week.  Today is Monday and she should be back in school!  

Wednesday night was the concert!  Spectacular!  We enjoyed dinner at The Middle Board at Caesar Arena before taking our Row 6, aisle seats.




It was all we hoped it would be!  I was so proud of myself in purchasing the parking and managing the admission tickets electronically on my phone seamlessly.  That was on top of plane boarding passes for us three coming and going to Florida.  Late to the party but I am learning!

The next day we headed to Cincinnati and “moved in” to Ted’s brother’s house.  He is on a golf trip so we are “house sitting again.”  The next day we left for the weekend at Elk Lake!




No comments: