Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Pretty Much Caught Up

The week after Mother's Day was pretty quiet.  It allowed me to get the credit card situation in hand, the photos from the cruise loaded on to my computer, the time change on our plane tickets in August updated, the paperwork, deposits, and info on the cottage rental all printed, moved money here, there and everywhere it seemed.  The check to pay for the motorhome is still two days away from being totally cleared.  Both Chase and Capital One acknowledge it is processing but I guess it will be ok by May 25 as stated!  The Oceania cruise is cancelled, all funds returned and deposit and insurance for the Thanksgiving week Princess cruise taken care of.  So much for travels!

The 2011 Expedition is gone and the state of TX notified, insurance cancelled.  The motorhome is gone and the state notified, insurance cancelled and refund received, the 2022 Expedition is awaiting the assignment of our plates to replace the paper plate and all the insurance is in place!  What a lot of computer work, phone calls, etc. to get all that done.

I had the windows washed inside and out plus left the screens out to be placed in the attic.  I have never opened a window in 20 years!  With the screens gone I can wash the windows inside and out when needed.  In the fall, the way the sun hits the deck windows, they need attention a lot.  This will help.  I had the young man move the screens to the attic.  He stopped and fastened a bolt on the ladder that he found loose.  Nice guy!  

Finally … on Thursday … something fun!  CWJF Installation of New Officers Luncheon was held in Old Town Spring.  A gal in my class of 2010 was being inducted as President.  I surely wouldn’t miss this affair.  They always take a photographer professional picture from the balcony.  I found a snapshot of us all milling about, looking up, waiting for the word to get in position.  I stood next to Lisa in pink to be able to find myself!  


Our historian made the rounds getting candid shots of most everybody.  While searching the FB website for these photos, I found one I am in at the Christmas party. 








 


No comments: