Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Paperwork and More!

There was a lot on my plate when we arrived home.  We put our bags in our bedroom, keeping the rest of the house tidy.  But the subjects on my desk had me preoccupied with getting my ducks in a row,

First was the credit card scenario.  I was unable to fix our cable account because I did not have the info to get into my account.  A payment was denied so I had to request a rebate of a late fee while entering the new credit card.  I entered new info to my WW account and even though they said my subscription was cancelled, when I went Friday they said the new card was in there and I was good.   AND, I had gained nothing while gone!  I think we are ok on all the changes.  There are a few charities I have not been able to fix so I will wait until they contact me and get it set up again.  St. Jude’s hospital is one.  Tunnels to Towers was easy to do!  What a pain with the efforts to cancel and change, and I have no idea how my number was out there, but it was supposedly being used in PA at a WaWa and the card was present.  We both had our cards!

Next up was a Place Holder for a future Disney cruise in the next two years.  Lots of paperwork to get that settled and copies made.  It gives you $250 (initial deposit) plus a 10% discount off the whole price. If we take the kids for our 60th, 10% would be a bundle.

We rented a cottage on Lake Michigan for 10 days mid August.  So once again, deposits, downloads, copies, etc. to finalize the reservation.  

The biggest thing was cancelling our Barcelona to Dubai cruise.  The circulation in my legs acted up while on the cruise.  It felt like I was wearing socks and bugs were crawling inside my legs.  To say I was freaked out is an under statement.  I have to see the cardiologist but she nixed the 16 hour flight home from Dubai as too dangerous.

So to recoup some of the money we had paid, I booked Thanksgiving week out of Galveston on the Regal Princess.  We have a mini suite and got all the refunds and transfers taken care of.  Whew!  I went ahead and sent my passport renewal in because I don’t know if going to Mexico requires your passport to be good for six months after you return.  Ted’s is in the pipeline and mine was already to go.  So I shouldn’t need it anytime soon so off it went.  

Time to take a deep breath and get back to normal activities.  We went to church Saturday night, then to Joe’s in Conroe.  Sunday we went to Honor Cafe where Ted attends Bible Study on Monday.  My Mother’s Day gift is the Labor Day weekend at the Grand Floridian with Kara, Bill and Kristin in a 2 bedroom suite.  We are taking CeCe too.  Kelly sent two Chico items she said I tried on over Christmas when she and I went shopping!  

Minnie in her 25th cruise anniversary outfit.  


Our beach day on Castaway Cay.


My Mother’s Day and Anniversary cards.





No comments: