Monday, January 9, 2023

An Entire Week Searching For Phone and Internet Service

Not having communication service is frustrating as h*ll when you are used to having it at your fingertips! Verizon was useless in communicating with us and basically said they were not going to address it again.  From the Verizon folks here in Retama, there is an outage on the tower a mile from us and it has been for months!  Most everyone had to address it.  If you have Wi-Fi in your house, Verizon gave you a net extender so you could have calls over Wi-Fi.  Our motorhome does not have Wi-Fi, my Verizon phone Hot Spot was our internet.  So we tried T Mobile.  A friend came over with her T Mobile phone but only had one bar.  I checked their coverage and our address had no coverage it said.  So we tried ATT and they assured us their mobile hot spot would work.  And so far we have been ok.  What are the odds Verizon will give me credit for “no service” to pay for my ATT service?  Slim and none!  We spent an inordinate amount of time this week on that problem.  

Ted, Sue and I made a trip to Mexico and was it crowded!  Sue and I hit the pharmacies while we waited for Ted.  We will make several more trips over in the next 3 months!  I love lonches and no Mexican restaurant I have found in Houston makes them.  So a stop for lunch and also a cinnamon roll and coffee, with mariachi trio, at Renee’s is still on the back burner.

I played mahjong but didn’t win any games.  Ted went shooting in Edinburgh again and our crowd met for dinner at Southern Fried.  Best catfish ever!  So week one has been pretty routine except for the communication part!  Let’s hope ATT keeps working!  

Saturday we attended Mass with good old Fr. Roy.  Since it was the Epiphany I knew the three wise men would arrive complete with Philomena the llama serving as a camel!  And they did!  In the first photo if you look next to the brown head cover, the two white ears are the llama’s.  Once she bolted and jumped 5 pews.  

We were given a gold coin (chocolate wrapped in gold foil) from the wise men when we left.  



We had dinner out and went to a Branson show at Lemon Tree Park to see Goldwing Express.  $9 a ticket and I won a free appetizer at one steakhouse, a dessert at another and a free entree at Cowboy Chicken!  Three places to eat on Saturday nights!

Ted went to shoot on Sunday and no one was there, possibly because there was a tournament the day before.  I went to play mahjong and won two games, one of which was a closed hand!  So proud of myself!  

No comments: