Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Week

I had a lot on my plate this week.  I was to get a haircut on Saturday but Cindy cancelled that morning and offered me one on Monday after her doctor appt.  I had cards at that time and it was very late to notify Michele I couldn’t be there so I refused that time slot.  I wrote and told her the times I could come and did not hear back so by Tuesday I made an appt. at a nearby salon.  I am very worried about Cindy but it is a half hour to get to her and when she cancels right when you are to leave home, it gets burdensome.  

So on Monday I played Canasta, ended up 3rd out of 8.  Always in the middle!  I was last at 3-13 this time when I played Tuesday.  Just didn’t get good cards to play with.  So by Wednesday I was ready to get our groceries and clothes ready to load up!  I could not remember what I had in the motorhome in regards to clothes and any special dishes I needed for cooking so I took what I knew I needed just to be safe.

We drove to the RV park, not very far from home and unhooked the Jeep at the front and went to get set up.  There was a Comcast work trailer parked where Ted needed to turn and the guy showing him in got off the cart to direct him.  I couldn’t see the front of the motorhome or how close he was to that work trailer but I could see the boulders they put at the edge of the grass to keep people from running over it.  Ted was ready to run right into them.  I laid on the horn and he stopped.  The guy came and moved one of the rocks and waved him on.  There was a second rock in the way and I blew the horn again.  The guy gave me a dirty look and I said “he trusts me more than you so move the damn rock.”  The trailer should not have been there in the first place!  And moving the rock was simple.  He left us to our own devices and Ted backed in with me directing him.  All was good!

John and Vivienne were not home so Ted got permission to wash the pollen off the motorhome while I put stuff away and made a tomato, cucumber, onion salad for dinner, brownies for dessert and I was going to bake potatoes.  John was cooking a tri tip roast. We ate outside and it got late so we all headed in.

Friday there was a party in the clubhouse.  They had eggs to color, flowers to make into small arrangements and food.  There was to be an egg hunt for the kids but it had rained so they rescheduled it but I don’t know to when.  





My deviled eggs.  They ate them all.


My dyed eggs and flower arrangement.  Perfect size for our dinette table.


Vivienne




It was misty and cool at dinnertime so we each ate inside.  John made bread so our grilled cheese was extra special.  Then we went to Cowboy Church.  They were very welcoming, had beautiful singing.  The pastor gave a nice talk and then the entire Passion was read.  Afterwards they had communion.  Vivienne went up but we other three did not.  

When we left for church my Jeep had a low pressure reading.  Ted used the compressor to air it up and we had no problem.  It was still ok in the morning but Ted said when Vivienne and I returned from the mall he would take it to Discount Tire.  She and I did a little damage at Chico’s while Ted and John went to Spring Ammo for a demo day.  They were able to shoot several pistols and had a good time.  While the guys took the car to get the tire fixed, Vivienne and I had cheese and crackers for a snack.  Turns out there was a small nail in the tire and they fixed it for free.  

Sunday we went to St. Anne Church and it was a wonderful Mass.  The people and the priest made us so welcome and the atmosphere was delightful.

We came home and I made ambrosia, sweet potatoes and a key lime pie.  John baked a ham and Vivienne made scalloped potatoes.  A terrific dinner by my estimation.  We sat out until it started drizzling a bit.  It was a full day.  



We were in the transient area and looked like a Newmar rally!  Ted was waxing ours and I took a photo of the other Ventana and Dutch Star.  






No comments: