Thursday, August 8, 2019

We’re Back!

We drove to Forrest City, AR on Thursday, then Carthage, TX on Friday.  That allowed us to pull into Woodlands Lake about 11 am on Saturday.  We took about three loads of food and clothes home and I started laundry right away.  I had stripped the bed down to the mattress pad so all that was three loads before I did another three loads of our clothes.

We stopped at 3:00 to shower and dress for church.  I didn’t write a check because I didn’t have my mail that would include our church envelopes.  Afterwards we went to dinner with Terry and Carol.

We finished up on Sunday and cleaned the rig from top to bottom but waited until Monday to put it away.  We have an appointment in Elk City, OK the day after Labor Day to have a repair made on the bedroom slide.  We didn’t know about it until we were ready to leave and we didn’t have time to stay.  Elk City is closer than Knoxville or LaGrange!

Tuesday was mail day and I spent quite some time in the office clearing my desk.  Nancy does such a great job on the mail so it doesn’t take nearly as long to go through it.  But there is always the pouch of paper I take with me and spend time emptying on our return.

By Wednesday things settled down so I had my nails and toes done.  I need to call for a haircut now.

I followed Ted to the Brake Shop on Thursday so I could bring him home while they looked at his ABS sensor.  It kept turning itself off and even turned itself on when it shouldn’t have.  The Ford dealer in Indiana identified which tire it was but didn’t have time to pull the tire to look at it.

Then I met Jody for lunch to catch up since our last breakfast date.  We had a delicious lunch and 2.5 hours of visiting.  It was an enjoyable afternoon.

We will only be here for two weeks before taking off to Hilton Head.  Then it will be a 6-7 day trip to Oklahoma after our return from there.  I will be glad to have close to two months at home eventually.  

I had seen a wasp so went out on the deck to knock down the nest with the broom.  I noticed a crack in the Hardy Plank and some paint bubbled.  We called our roofer and the news was not good.  That whole edge where the diverter is set could be lifted up.  Since the roof is over 16 years old and has been through 3-4 hurricanes it seems it would be sending good money after bad to just repair it.  So next week we will have lots of banging going on around here.  He is going to run a gutter and drain pipes on either end rather than replacing the current diverter system.  

After picking up the truck with a new ABS sensor, we went to Sam’s for a few things and were home the rest of the day.  Ted is having to do coverage of Houston, San Antonio and Lufkin where newsprint is being shipped again.  He spent a lot of time on the telephone discussing preliminaries.  I guess he will be making a few road trips when the paper arrives.

And another weekend is upon us.  Hope you have a good one.  We are just trying to stay cool and I worry about the men putting the shingles on next week.  



No comments: