Sunday, January 6, 2019

Home for the Weekend

We stayed up most of Thursday but did take a two hour nap in the afternoon.  We unpacked and got things put away.  Thanks to laundries at the condo and Aulani there was little laundry to do. I didn't get quite finished so I was back at it Friday.  We went to bed and got up at reasonable times.  

I stacked my clothes on the twin bed in preparation for loading the trailer.  The hard part is knowing it can be hot and cold over the time we are gone so choosing what to take is a crap shoot.  Ted picked up our mail and I attended to all of that while doing everyday chores.  Just to make me feel better I ran Rhoomba in the whole house.  At least the floors are clean!  I would get to dusting the furniture later.

By Saturday we were sleeping normal hours, had finished up our chores and did not do much of anything until time for church.  The Texans were playing terrible in the playoff game so it was easy to turn off the TV and head out.  After Mass we headed to our Mexican restaurant to eat with Terry and Carol.  

It took no time for my week to fill up.  Irene texted and asked me to go shopping with her Monday and I agreed.  I bought three spools of red and gold ribbon for her to make me three big bows I needed to replace in my Christmas decorations.  She already has them done!  Then we went to the Outlet Mall where I hit Chico's sales racks and also bought a birthday gift for my sister-in-law Carol.  We were gone a long time.

Tuesday I went to the cardiologist who gave me an A+!  She made a follow up appointment for June for an ultrasound on my left leg.  She agreed that collapsing the vein isn't necessay at this time.  I was scheduled to get a haircut but just as I pulled into the drive to drop Ted off and go, I received a call asking to move it to 10 on Wednesday.  This constant switching is getting old!  

Wednesday my hair appointment was cancelled again!  I called Becky in the valley and scheduled a haircut for Tuesday.  I will be looking elsewhere when I get back home. 

Thursday was our neighborhood lunch gathering followed later by dinner and cards at the country club for Carol's birthday.  We played 4 of our 6 rounds, had dinner, then finished the last 2 hands.  I came in second!  My dimes are in good shape.

Friday morning Ted pulled the trailer to the campground so it could be inspected for our extended warranty.  That went quickly with no problems but Ted couldn't turn the TV on and asked me to bring batteries for the remote which didn't help.  When the bedroom remote worked fine it was apparent it is a bad remote.  Hopefully a phone call will have a replacement on its way.  

We finished loading the trailer Saturday, went to Mass, grabbed a bite and then went to play cards.  I came in first!  $13 plus lots of dimes was added to my purse.

At 7:45 Sunday morning we pulled out of the campground with me following Ted in my car.  With only two potty stops, we pulled in to Retama Village at 2:30.  Our truck driver neighbor Niles prefers to just park the trailer in 3 minutes versus talking Ted in for 30 minutes!  In no time we were set up despite stopping frequently for "welcome back" greetings and short visits.  

Tom and Eileen came by about 5:30 and we eventually went to Cracker Barrel for dinner.  It was after 10 when we got home.  It was so good to spend time with our BFFs from our Florida days.










No comments: