Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Heading Out

It has been a very busy week.  Monday I had bloodwork done.  The results were two pages long and all marked NORMAL!   In the afternoon I played Hand and Foot at Kathleen's. Terry was celebrating his 75th birthday, so six of us had dinner at Landry's to celebrate that evening.

I worked in the morning at the Thrift Shop on Tuesday.  It has been difficult getting all my hours in with being out of commission last summer and gone this winter.  But I am in striking distance now and by the end of April will have accomplished my goal.  If I have time in May I will check the calendar to see if I can lend a hand somewhere.  Our group is committed to 10,000 hours and if all members did just what they had to, we would be 2,000 hours short.  So it is important to not only do your obligation but to add some extra hours when you can.

I saw the hematologist on Wednesday.  He was pleased with the blood test results, cut my medicine in half and said to return in six months.  That afternoon I played mahjongg and won a game.  I was a tile away two other times so I know what I am doing.  Sometimes you just don't get the tiles!

Thursday was Ted's turn to see the doctor to set up his annual endoscopy.  I had lunch with the neighborhood ladies and at 4:00 saw the cardiologist.  She has started the paperwork on setting up the filter removal surgery.  I should hear from the Scheduler today. 

We fly out this afternoon for Cincinnati.  We will spend three nights at my sister's while I attend my 55th high school reunion.  The school is consolidating with another Catholic girls' school run by Mercy nuns and the property will be sold.  So this reunion has very special meaning.

Monday we move north on to my brother's for a two night visit with some shooting and fishing thrown in.  And Wednesday we will leave early enough to pick up Kristin at the Detroit airport at 11:00. All roads lead to Kara's where we will be for the next five nights to celebrate Morgan's Confirmation on Saturday.

We return Monday, the day before our 53rd wedding anniversary.  I think we may be too tired to even consider celebrating.  Maybe the next weekend.,

Here are a couple photos taken at the gala - The Big Board, the mechanical bull and the venue and crowd.





No comments: