Tuesday, December 19, 2023

I Am So Far Behind I Feel Like I Am in First Place

 I was so-so in the feeling good department, but with Ted’s encouragement I went to Old Town Spring to attend Junior Forum’s Christmas party.  Having made the effort, I am glad I went.  I felt ok and saw many friends.  




Barb really got into the Christmas spirit!  Gina was offering an answer to Christmas trivia.  They were hard questions!  


We attended Mass in the evening for the holy day.

Saturday was our Couples Shanghai at the home of the Meyers.  Connie put out quite a spread and gave each of us a 6 piece box of See’s chocolates.  Great candy!  I didn’t win … again!  

Sunday we had offered again to take our elderly neighbors to The Woodlands Baptist church Christmas concert.  I invited our new neighbors to join us.  We had dinner where the waitress dropped Jeanette’s whole plate of food in her lap (with no offer of anything other than a new plate of dinner ) from the restaurant!

Dick played the trumpet as a young man and loves the orchestra.  He is 91 and literally dances in his seat and sings along!  We were 3 generations attending together!  The performance is spectacular and always a joy to attend.

The Sustainers Christmas outing was wonderful.  We toured a $6 million dollar builder’s home complete with mimosas, cupcakes, Santa and the Grinch.  It is nice to see how the other 5% live!







Afterwards we had lunch at the Augusta Pines country club!  Such a wonderful outing.  

Tuesday was my mammogram and appt. with my oncologist.  Everything looked good so I have June and December appts. in the new year.

Wednesday my new cleaning lady came.  She was moving things, getting under things, really going at it!  I walked in the kitchen and there were 3 piles of dirt.  It was all the “hiding dirt” the other cleaners failed to find because they never moved anything!  She looks like a keeper!

Thursday was my neighborhood birthday club Christmas luncheon with dessert and cookie exchange back here afterwards.  We only had 6 because one’s husband can’t be left alone, another had a conflict, one was called out of town and one had just been hospitalized with heart problems and subsequent stroke.  

We ate at Pallotto’s, filled Debbie’s SUV with groceries for Montgomery County food bank, had our cookie exchange (next year NO chocolate chip) everyone but me and Nancy made them,  and had coffee and dessert here.  Anna, who was to have it but got called out of town, bought a sacher torte from Le Madeline.  It took me back to Vienna where I first ate this amazing sweet.  I made a Million Dollar Pie and two people asked for the recipe.  Gail, Merry and I all had little gifts for every one so all in all, despite our worry about our sick friend, we had a really good time. 



I chose to pack our biggest, dirtiest suitcase to ship to Detroit with ShipSticks.  Besides golf clubs, they do luggage.  It was very little more than we would have paid to check two bags coming and going on the airlines.  They couldn’t hurt the bag, the airlines did that long ago! 

Because I had an Apple AirTag in it, I was able to follow its travels to Troy where the driver carried it into the garage and set it at the door to the house.  It was picked up Friday and delivered on Monday.  The plastic holder I use for cruises was perfect to use with their info print out.  And our MTR strap from Royal Caribbean from years gone by was a great description identifier for the handlers,  


I was not feeling well Sunday having come down with Ted’s cough!  I started on amoxicillin and by Monday was feeling much better and coughing very little so we kept our date with my old boss from Celanese days and met in Brenham for lunch.  They were delayed a half hour being caught in traffic in Austin so we waited for them at the steakhouse with no problem keeping the table.  Afterwards, we decided to hit Blue Bell ice cream parlor for $1 ice cream scoops as dessert.  

It was a nice 90 minute ride through the countryside on a sunny day and a great and fun afternoon with good friends.

We leave tomorrow for Michigan where the kids are anxiously awaiting our arrival, especially CeCe.  She knows she can’t open presents until Lolly and Pops arrive.  We FaceTimed and we reiterated we were coming and then will have presents.  Afterwards Kara’s doorbell rang and CeCe took off saying “It’s Lolly.”   When she opened the door her mother stood there and CeCe said “oh man!”  She will have from Thursday to Sunday and Monday to wait to open presents so I have a Christmas outfit I will give her so she can wear it over the weekend.



Merry Christmas y’all from the great state of Texas!  











No comments: