Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Still Very Boring

It has been more than two decades since we spent summer in Texas.  We are leaving mid July but there has certainly been very little going on while we wait to drive off to our first stop, a week at Raystown Lake Resort in Entriken PA for a week for our family reunion (my side).  We have house sitters again for the summer.  Marina and Nancy are holding down the fort!  

Last time I wrote we were going to play cards at the country club and I won!  I only had 11 points and you want to be low.  

I worked two hours at the Thrift Shop.  This time I hung clothes that have been looked over and set aside.  The rest go in recycle bins and are sold by the pound.  This is how you will see a child on TV in the Congo wearing an Astros baseball shirt.  Most get shredded, cooked and fibers used for fine paper.  

I played Canasta and won too!  I believe it is the first time I ever came in first place in this group.

We did get our TSA numbers at Bush airport.  Ted’s passport is scheduled to arrive June 24 (arrived 6/20) according to the website but we will be gone when mine arrives.  I have added the numbers to our August plane tickets so we should be good.  

Our neighborhood birthday luncheon bit the dust after one by one people dropped out.  When it got down to just two of us, we bailed.  It will be November before I will plan another and December is always done by Deb so we will see what 2024 brings.  

Nancy, Ted and I toured the Conservatory just to see what they offer.  It is like a 5 star hotel with individual senior apartments.  There is no health facility associated with it.  Just beautiful apartments of various sizes with amenities for residents that include a dining room, cleaning, utilities, transportation, etc.  It is very nice.  We are not ready to do anything like that just yet, if ever, but it was worth taking a look to have the info.  

Ted had a nice Father’s Day hearing from all the girls.  We did nothing special that day though.

We did get our new gifted TV set up in our bedroom.  We had Jason switch the TVs, I looked and told him to switch them back.  Size wise, it just didn’t work.  But all is good now.


I had a cardiologist appointment and all looks good.  Dr. D was going to contact Dr. C to check on my cholesterol results which he had failed to send to her.  She upped my Simvastatin to 20 mg. last time to stay ahead of the expected cholesterol rise from my hormone therapy.  She needs to see how it has            worked.  That’s about it but maybe the two weeks before we leave will be a bit more interesting.                                                            
   






No comments: