Friday, October 16, 2020

Revving Up To Leave

 


This is where we were earlier in the week.  They have done the second half of the deck and are now working on the railing.  We have been here, in this house we built, for 17+ years and that screwed up our average of 3.8 years in a home.  If we didn’t buy new, we had any major things done before we moved in. 

So far we have a new roof, outside and inside painted, new A/C, umpteen replantings in the yard (I have no green thumb and am not home enough to even water a hanging basket), new master bath, dishwasher and garbage disposal, water heater and carpet.  I guess it just never ends when you stay put.  Such is life!

I played cards again Tuesday, different game, and guess what?  I didn’t win.  But the food was better so that was good AND I had my credit card to pay!

We have been hanging around the house because of the deck workers so not much has gone on.  We tried to vote but couldn’t find a place to park and there was a very long line so we decided to try again on Friday before we leave for San Antonio.  

My friend Gerre had more ankle surgery so I prepared dinner for them and Ted took it to them.  We had them here last month when she had her first surgery.  I hope she heals up better this time.  The other ankle needed some reworking done and now she has both feet in boots and can’t really walk!   



My other friend Judy stopped by to "bring me something."  I had no idea what or why.  It was a new mandolin like one she had bought for herself.  It is made so you can’t cut yourself, something that happens frequently to cooks.  It was for all my kindness!  What a beautiful sentiment and very humbling.  AND now I have one for the motorhome and one for home!  Made my day.

We will be at Sporting Clay Nationals for the next two weekends in San Antonio.  Over 2,000 shooters will be competing. Ted has been third in his class and age group the last three years.  I hope he can do as well or better this time.  We are staying in New Braunfels with my brother and SIL and two other couples from Ohio.  The main house has 3 or 4 bedrooms and there are two cabins on either side of the big house.  It sits on a bluff overlooking the Hill Country and is very nice.  It is a rental property of Dan’s banker for his trucking company.  He is  comped it each year.  Woohoo!  We have stayed there once but usually take the RV.  However, our window has not arrived yet so we don’t want to drive it with the single pane.  We don’t know how stable it is on its own.  

Don’t forget to vote!

"I am sure that every one of my colleagues -- Democrat, Republican, and Independent -- agrees with the  statement that in the voting booth, every one is equal." -- Barbara Boxer



No comments: