Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Happy Mother’s Day Week

Saturday we watched Mass and ate at home.  For Mother’s Day we rode to Lowe’s and in the outside garden center, bought a flat of impatiens.  Ted planted them along the front wall at home.  Later in the afternoon we went to Saltgrass Steakhouse for dinner.  The tables behind each of us and next to us were empty.  The tables are totally cleared off and the menus are paper.  We had a nice dinner with no incidents and came home to talk to all three of the girls.  I had a lovely day.

I stayed in the rest of the week venturing out to Dollar General Thursday to buy a sympathy card, five graduation cards and six birthday cards.  Busy times coming up.  Later on I decided to seal the granite in the master bath.  It isn’t hard or time consuming.  You just have to set the timer to do the things in the proper order at the proper time.

Friday I did nothing!  Absolutely nothing.  Ted even fixed dinner.  One thing I did accomplish was ordering the baby gift for the shower we are attending for my great, great nephew in Indiana in June.  We had tickets for the theater but there was no performance so I have no idea what they will do.  This was the end of this season and a new season will start in the fall.  They have not sent the new tickets or put the credit card through so they may be going to give a credit.  I just have to remember to watch   for what they do.

The salons opened so we got haircuts on Saturday.  Cindy has a new place, a salon with all little rooms of individual stations.  We waited in the car until she was ready and went in together.  It certainly was an improvement for both of us.  She has been very busy and we appreciated her getting us in so quickly.  To make up for the missed haircuts, we paid her double.  The last thing we did before leaving Mission was to get a haircut.  Otherwise I have no idea how bad we would have looked,

Since we were in the area we opted to eat at Mel’s Diner.  They required reservations, which we didn’t have, but she said she had a table for just two so we went in.  Everything is disposable or single servings but the chicken was as good as ever.

We had chosen to eat out because we missed our Church.’s live-streaming of Mass at 5 pm.  When we arrived home, I searched on line and found one from Massachusetts in a gorgeous cathedral celebrated by a Cardinal.  It was of course empty but the vocalist was exceptional and the message very good.  So we now have two Texas churches, Toronto and Massachusetts to add to our repertoire.

Sunday we were back at Terry and Carol’s for the country club’s $5 pick up spaghetti dinner and it was great.  I made a pineapple upside down cake for dessert.  We played cards.  I did not win!!

Monday we ventured to the Container Store.  I wanted plastic lipped trays for the coach’s medicine cabinet.  It is almost 4 feet wide and fairly deep.  We would have things rattling all over the place if just set in there when traveling.  When we arrived they said we had to make an appointment and wear a mask which we had.  But then he asked for our names and phone number and let us shop.  Two ladies came but had to wait for us to leave before they could come in.

We had not eaten and it was 2:30 so we went to House of Pies.  We were seated all alone, received plastic ware and everything was individual - salt, pepper, ketchup, jelly, etc.  I was given a wipe for my hands and credit card when paying the bill and she wiped my card handing it back!  I guess that’s the new normal.

It is Tuesday and the laundry is done, baby present wrapped, 3 bags put out for Texas Paralyzed Veterans and the refrigerator cleaned out.  My Rhoomba isn’t charging properly so now I am going to research that!  It is always something.






No comments: