Monday, July 22, 2019

Trying to Stay Current

Wednesday through Friday is sort of a blur.  We did laundry at Kara’s, ate at a Mexican restaurant with them on Friday night and after church on Saturday, our granddaughter Ally and her husband came over to Kara’s for pizza.  Kelly and Pat were in Cincinnati attending a Marriage Encounter Conference.  They are the Detroit Diocese leaders.  On Sunday, Ted went shooting, Kara and I went shopping for baby gifts and Bill had to work.  We all met back at the RV for dinner.  We are enjoying what we consider nice weather though the locals are still complaining about the heat.  Everything is relative!

Monday I was under the weather and we just stayed here in the park.  I felt fine Tuesday morning though, so we set out to redo the baby shower gifts.  The bed and dresser I planned to buy isn’t needed until Ally and Bidkar move to a 2 bedroom apartment so right now the car seat is of utmost importance.  You can’t take your baby home in a car without one,  Hmmm ... at $300 a crack I wonder how that plays out!  

Anyway, Ted, Kara and I all signed up for the Buy, Buy (isn’t that the truth!) Baby 20% off coupon.  We found the car seat ($300), the second base for the second car ($129) and the stroller ($300) at the store in Utica.  I only mention the price because 20% becomes significant!  Since I signed up for both of us using two different emails, but from the same computer, only one worked!  Kara’s was obtained earlier and had expired!  Plan B, stand at the checkout and find more coupons.  I used my Retail Me Not app and snagged one that worked.  I took Ted’s phone and just went directly to the site and hit another one that worked!  Savings $146!

While they loaded the three huge boxes into the truck I asked the lady who wheeled them out what happened to the $5 umbrella strollers we used for our kids.  She laughed and said "I know, crazy isn’t it?"  Anyway, we will address the bed later but I had to come home and rearrange my gift bag.  I had also purchased a book and an outfit so I took the tissue off the dollhouse furniture, put the registry paper with the three items circled and the receipt into the book and used the tissue to wrap that and the outfit.  I think I am good to go now!

We took the boxes to Kara’s and used the code to open the garage and put the boxes inside.  We had no room in the RV.  I found a WW studio with open hours so we decided to stop and get my July weigh-in over with.  I thought I was okay but I wasn’t quite sure like I am at home.  Woohoo!  I was 2.6# under goal.  Now I am good until August 31.  I think I will weigh in BEFORE Hilton Head though.

We came home but eventually went back into town to have dinner with a cousin of Bill’s who we know and had lost her husband not too long ago.  We had a great meal and a long visit.  I ordered a low points meal and celebrated my 2.6# cushion with a small dish of Ray’s chocolate malt crunch ice cream!  Ray’s is a Detroit institution located in Royal Oak.  It sure tasted good.  

Wednesday we had Kara’s family back out for dinner.  The weather had cooled down to the 70s so we had a fire and s’mores for dessert.  Morgan just received her learner’s permit so she and Bill drove for 22 minutes around the park.  There is an app on his phone that tracks her drive time!  They stayed until the whole bundle of wood had been consumed.  It was getting dark when they left for home.





No comments: