Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Rest of the Week

The week went as planned. On Tuesday I spent the entire day in the Harwin area of Houston. This is a great wholesale shopping mecca very popular with the ladies. I bought a few things, had a nice lunch and enjoyed the company of Jody and Ann.

My former boss from Celanese wrote that he and his wife were in Austin visiting their son. He didn't know how far away we were. I told him he was about 3 hours and the only day I had available was Wednesday. So we agreed to meet half-way in Brenham for lunch. It's heartwarming to know there are friends out there who will borrow a car and drive an hour and a half just to see us for a few hours.

We met at Volare Restaurant for lunch and then we took them to the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory for the tour and a free dish of ice cream afterwards. They seemed to really enjoy it. Melissa was all ga-ga over the weather because it was 84 degrees after coming from the Detroit area where they were getting 2-4 inches of snow. It was great seeing them and we made plans to see them in Michigan this summer. On the way home we stopped at Chappell Hill Sausage for some meat to take to the valley with us.

Thursday was my neighborhood ladies' birthday luncheon. We had quite a crowd - around 16 I think but only one birthday. I'm going to be in charge of October when we have five birthdays including mine. Since that will cause about 80 presents I'm going to check with Gwen at Rayford. We may be able to use the rally room and have Pit Master BBQ cater the lunch. That will give us much more space than a restaurant. I need to put that on my To Do List.

Friday we intended to leave for the valley. More on that in the next blog!

No comments: