Monday, January 11, 2021

Things Are Opening Up A Bit

Tuesday I was a little busy having received an email from one of our credit card banks saying a purchase was made without our card present for some Ninja Juicer or some such thing and to accept or reject.  It was midnight!  This card is used for recurring charges - EZ Tag, internet, water bill, etc.  I don’t carry this card, it has never been used for anything else and never on the computer.  I couldn’t even tell the bank people the number.  They said they had to cancel that card and send me a new one but they could only send it home.  I needed to get these accounts set back up so I told them just to cancel the card and not renew it.  So Tuesday I was on line and on the phone getting all that straightened out!  

I had to take Sandy’s meds to the post office and on my way home stopped by Dollar General for butter, bread and cards.  By then it was time to play mahjong.  I won a game and the 5-6 of us are having fun all by ourselves in the clubhouse. Ted grilled steaks, I made baked potatoes and used the Instant Pot to cook asparagus.  It was all great after a rather aggravating start to the day.

I stayed in all day Wednesday.  There was no particular reason, there was just no reason to go out.  I am reading books, something I enjoy but don’t do too much at home.  The Border Patrol helicopter landed in the field across from our gate but we don’t know who they were after.  It is such a common occurrence.

Thursday was Ladies Breakfast so I picked up Mimi and Marilyn and met another group at Danny’s for breakfast.  It was a good group and I got to see a few people I had not seen yet.  

I laundered the bedclothes and remade the bed and eventually left for mahjong.  When I came home I took this photo of our sunset.  They are just spectacular down here and we take them for granted. 


Friday was a regular day but we did go to Mission West for their fish fry that we would normally attend inside.  It was a bit of a wait in line but the good part was the fish and fries were crispy and hot, right out of the fryers.  We took our dinners home and ate in our kitchen.

Our outing Saturday was to a meat market we had heard a lot about.  It was fantastic and we hope what we bought is as good as everyone says and how it looked.  The rest of the day always revolves around being ready to leave for church before 4 pm.  Crowds are still distanced and staying about the same in number.  We tried Cracker Barrel to eat afterwards but it was a 40 minute wait.  Since we intended to go to a 7 pm show we didn’t have that much time.  Every restaurant was crowded so we ended up back home eating leftovers.  Then we attended the show at the park next door.  They really had seats far apart. Mostly sets of two, a few fours for those attending with friends, but certainly socially distanced.  It was just an ok show, certainly not something I would see again but entertainment is in short supply this year.  Afterwards we took advantage of a BOGOF shake coupon at Stars (like Sonic) to make up for our leftover dinner!

Sunday Ted did not go shooting because it was rainy and cold.  I cleaned and then went to play mahjong.  When I arrived home, Tom and Eileen had arrived and we ordered pizza for dinner. We ate inside our rig because it was so cold out that even our tower heater could not get the coach house up past 60.

On Monday we all went to a couple different stores looking for some refrigerator storage things for Eileen.  We struck out but of course found a few things to buy along the way.  We agreed to go back to Mission West for their hamburger night and this time it was warm enough to eat at the table in the coach house.  When we finished we played several games of Horse Race.  

Tomorrow will bring what tomorrow brings! I will leave one statement I think speaks volumes.  








No comments: