Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Not My Favorite Week

Things got a bit stressful and disappointing this week and that was by Tuesday!  

We went to church after the gun shoot and then to a new to us Mexican restaurant.  It turned out to be a winner.  I had chalupas and Ted had beef fajitas.  He had a huge plate of meat that I thought he would be unable to finish but he did!  Tom and Eileen liked theirs too.  Then we went to Mission West for a show. We parked and waited for the hall to be opened when a lady knocked on the window to tell us there was no show (despite it being advertised two weeks in a row in the paper).  So we came home and played Mexican Train.

On Sunday I woke up with my tummy keeping me close to the bathroom.  I took my probiotics and pepto  but I didn’t feel good enough to play cards.  I don’t know exactly what happened but one lady said something that another one took personally.  They said the comment was about the game, and one we all say, so I think it was more of someone being too sensitive and reading something into an innocent comment.  I wasn’t there so I can’t comment further.  But I hate that it happened.

Monday we had to go to the post office and Walmart pharmacy.  I told Ted to drop me off because I needed to give them my prescriptions that needed to be transferred, and my new insurance.  I got Trainee 1 and Trainee 2.  It took T1 quite awhile to do whatever she was doing, then got T2 who took over.  After awhile she said they would have to wait for the transfer and the pills to be brought to the store.  They would be there after three on Tuesday.  I said OK.  She said she had everything and handed me my cards back.  I walked away and here comes T1 after me.  She had not put the new insurance in and needed my cards back.  So back I went.  It was at last 11:45 when she confirmed I did not have Humana and now had Aetna.  Yes!   

We did some grocery shopping, checked out, and drove home.  My phone had been in my purse so I took it out.  There was a text message at 12:15, my two prescriptions were ready!  

The food truck came back Monday afternoon but the crowd was smaller and the food not as good.  We sat 6 to a table and ate our food.  There were three other groups but had about a dozen people.  Someone had a birthday and the cake was shared with everyone.  I went to the kitchen for a wet paper towel and cleaned our table before we left.  I am not sure what the naysayers will say about “gathering” but we followed CDC guidelines and we were outside, socially distanced.

During this whole time my daughter, son in law and granddaughter all tested positive for covid.  They had mild cases but the disturbing thing was Pat’s mother (91) was in the hospital with a bowel blockage from a mass that has not been determined if it is malignant.  No one could be with her.  She was all alone!  She was in excellent health and lived on her own, continued to drive, takes Tai Chi, not your ordinary 91 year old.  The surgery is over but I have no more news.  

By Tuesday I decided to push myself to play mahjong.  I was feeling better.  Just before I left, I received a text that the Andre Rieu concert in Orlando was rescheduled to March 22, 2022.  Bummer!  When I read that Biden was stopping travelers from Europe I thought this was a good possibility.  The entire orchestra is from Europe!  

I had a great day at mahjong winning 3 of 5 games we played.  Ted had made BBQ so we ate dinner shortly after I got home.  Then I had to cancel my Orlando flight, I used my credit to buy tickets to Cincinnati for a March wedding.  While I was at it, I rented a car and reserved an airport Hilton for our late arrival the first night and the last night of the trip due to an early morning flight.  In between we will be in a hotel in Celina OH, about 120 miles away, where the wedding will occur.  But I do have a credit remaining so I may go to Kristin’s in FL after Easter.  

Tomorrow is Wednesday.  I can hardly wait!!

No comments: