Friday, January 22, 2021

A New Administration

I had plans for Monday that didn’t happen.  We had an emergency.  Tom and Ted could not find Turtle Wax Hard Shell Liquid.  They use it in a special recipe for a cleaner for the cars and motorhome.  There is none to be found anywhere!  So we went on a road trip and finally found 3 bottles at an auto parts store.  Amazon had some at about 5 times the old cost but they refused to spend that. Turned out they really didn’t have it either.  There was Turtle Wax Everything Else at Walmart but not the one they needed.  I can’t believe we spent a whole day hunting.

Tuesday I finally got my nails done and played mahjong in the afternoon.  Peg won every game!  Kathy and I were shut out.  I saw one joker all day.  

We had a meeting afterwards about preparing signs for the Food Truck next Monday.  We need to tell people to Social Distance 6 feet apart while ordering and there would be no music or tables cleaned and spaced as it was before.

Apparently some complained last time that the Village was sponsoring a group gathering so now they are on their own.  It is a community patio and people can choose to take their food home or sit on the patio.  I think we will come back to our coach house and eat there.   

Then we had “bring your own pizza to the patio” for dinner at Niles’ and Sue’s.  Ted stopped by for me when he and Niles returned with the pizza.

Wednesday I chose to be gone all day away from all electronics.  I picked up Patty, Eileen, and Mimi and headed to Texas Thrift and Thrift Town to shop.  It is a favorite thing for us to do.  We were disappointed at Texas Thrift when the fitting rooms had been shut down.  I did find a new Christmas scarf and a new curling iron.  I forgot to bring mine so now I have one I can just leave in here. 

We  moved to the next store and it was organized even better.  Slacks, capris, jeans, etc. all by rack, by size, by color.  I found a Tommy Hilfiger knit top and a few things for CeCe.  By summer she will need size 24 months and I bought three cute rompers and a bathing suit.  Then I found a turquoise crocheted swimsuit cover up for me.  We may get to go to Cancun at some point!  

We went to lunch and it took forever!  We spent two hours waiting to give our order, get our food, then pay our check.  But it gave us lots of times for chatting and laughing.  It was a miserably cold and rainy day so we decided the time was better spent than sitting inside reading a book like we have done so many days already this year.   

Ted decided to go to Golden Chicken and bring dinner home.  I was all for that.  Baked chicken and green beans for me and tenders and fries for Ted.  

Thursday was cool and dreary.  I had a carful for our bi-weekly breakfast picking up Cathy, Jo, Coco and Eileen.  There were over a dozen ladies and many new ones I met for the first time.  I intended to go to the post office but just never got around to it, they have a long lunch period and I can never remember when it starts.  Ted went to Edinburg to shoot sporting clays and I eventually went to play mahjong.  And I won the first three games with Gayle and Kathy each winning one.  

When I arrived home, Tom and Eileen were here and stayed for a visit.  I had got nothing out for dinner and neither had Ted.  There was a knock at the door and Steve, our next door neighbor, brought a big chunk of a freshly smoked meatloaf he made in his new pellet smoker.  A lifesaver!  With a loaf of bread and bottle of ketchup, dinner was served!

Friday we needed to be at the gun range at 10 to do a scoring dry run for Saturday’s Rimfire competition.  There are 25 targets per shooter and unlike last time, this is the lowest of the score.  Hit a line between 100 and 50, you get 50.  So 4 shooters shot and we scored them.  We did okay!  I have to be there Saturday at 1:00 for the real competition.  Ted is not shooting this time.  He is a shotgun shooter and doesn’t have one of these huge rifles with scopes and doesn’t like borrowing one.  They are highly sensitive in their settings.

We had to go right to the self car wash to get two inches of mud off our tires and undercarriage.  What a mess.  Thankfully it has stopped raining and maybe it will be less messy tomorrow.  Then we went to Bunz for protein donuts.  These were described to me by a WW friend.  The “naked” donuts are full of protein from using almond flour, low carbs and sugar.  We bought blueberry, strawberry and two chocolate.  Oh my!  Are they good!  Like wonderful wedding cake!  You can up the points with glaze, icing, sprinkles, etc. but naked at one point works for me!  

I had taken the last of the Christmas ham bean soup out of the freezer for dinner.  So I made corn bread, made Ted a sandwich with the last piece of meatloaf, served up two bowls of soup and once again, dinner was served.

Work on the border walls has stopped. We don’t know if it is the weather or the new administration.  Our oil company friends say they are in limbo about what they are and are not allowed to do.  I guess we’ll all find out together at some point.   










No comments: