Sunday, January 24, 2021

Some Photos Didn’t Post

Apparently these photos did not post in my blog that contained Ted and Tom’s not excellent adventure to see President Trump when he came to the RGV to dedicate part of the wall.  They were unable to park so could not get close to the festivities.  This is Sally, my neighbor, in the second photo.




We have had lots of rain so we don’t know if that has stopped work on the wall near us or if they just stopped because frankly, no one knows what to do.  A whole campus complex was built and staffed on Conway, the exit we take off I-2 to come home.  Between the breach of contract payments and removal of abandonment of these types of sites, lots of money will be lost.  With an average of 580 individuals being caught PER DAY right now along the 100 mile stretch from Brownsville to Rio Grande City, I can only imagine what is coming.  When we went to the gun range yesterday, Border Patrol had 3 young men in handcuffs.  

My oil business friend said the oil companies are in a similar mode.  They don’t know what they can and cannot do.  She handled leasing and placing wells in the gulf but now they sit and wait at millions of dollars a day in non production.  She said the only thing they know for sure, $5 a gallon will be back.  

Only time will tell.  The only thing I personally know for sure is I am glad to be as old as I am!


No comments: