Tuesday, November 3, 2020

One More Week Until Elections

We have stayed close to home this week.  I had a fair amount of laundry and a bit of dust to collect.  Thank God for freezers because we ate leftover taco soup, pulled pork and pork chops from ours making dinners easy this week.   Our window came in so on Wednesday we took the motorhome to Milstead for the repair.  We picked it up and put it back in storage on Thursday.  I was able to rescue our gift cards I had left in there too.

In the meantime, we met with the Deck Company owner.  He agreed that one board should never have been used and will replace it.  He said he will personally go over everything and fix anything we or he finds.  He is also going to resod the mud patch they left.  His daughter was with him and said the two fellows were not employed by him any longer.  I had not said anything to him about them but since they were gone, I did.  They had a lousy work ethic working harder when the owner stopped by and dilly dallying when he wasn’t.  Foul mouthed and messy, using our yard as a garbage can and not respecting our things.  I am glad they are gone because the owner is a nice man.  

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and all is good with my 6 month check up.  He also checked my snake bite and said it is healing well with no sign of infection.  

The rest of the week was ho hum.  The deck is finished, our landscaper has to rework our paver bricks up to the new step and the new sod is laid, as in laid down on the mud.  There was no effort in making sure it covered everything or tapped in. Here’s hoping there is enough warmth and water to get it to root!  For a postage stamp of a lot we seem to spend an inordinate amount of money on it.  

Friday night we finally decided to attend the Owens Theater production of the Sunshine Boys.  We had dinner at Joe’s Italian beforehand.  For a neighborhood restaurant, they have excellent food.  We were going to the theater on an off day, other than our reserved date, so we were assigned different seats. We were given the first two seats in the second row, stage left.  No one was in rows 1 or 3 or the rest of our row.  When I turned around there were only two people in the second last row.  I counted less than 50 people in the whole theater.  We felt safe in our masks!  

We went to church Saturday at 5:00, then to Mia’s for dinner.  We like their ribs.  I balanced my meal by eating green beans and fruit!  Then we went to Terry and Carol’s.  We turned out to be their only trick or treaters!  We played cards, I was behind, then got a Shanghai on the last hand caught everyone with their entire hand and WON! Shall wonders never cease.  

Sunday was quiet.  Ted washed the Expedition and I did a few things around the house and ordered a few things on line.  I finally have a "going out" busy week coming up.  I am playing cards again Tuesday, working at the Thrift Store for changeover to Christmas on Wednesday and Ted has his endoscopy on Thursday.  It will be nice to see people I have not seen in months.

I keep hearing a deficiency in Vitamin D has been found in so many covid patients.  No wonder nursing home people are vulnerable.  I take Vitamin D everyday so I hope it does help.  All this mask wearing  doesn’t seem to have a huge effect on the numbers.  But I wear it to keep everyone happy.  There have been places where the numbers went up when masks were mandated.  The big upturn is when the mandate went into effect. Unfortunately you can’t believe anything you hear or read and only half of what you see.  


On a better note, We are on track for less overall deaths than the three previous years.


I have no answers and just do what I think is okay without jeopardizing others unduly.  But I am not staying in 24/7 like I did the first 3 months.  

Tuesday I played cards and came in second.  It was a new place and I really Iiked it.  Private room and good food!  

We took the motorhome back.  Ted heard wind when we took it home and wanted them to check it out.  We came home and I did laundry.  I was due to work at the Christmas changeover at the Thrift Shop and Ted had to work a shoot about the same time.  So off we went in separate directions.  We were fed so Ted stopped at Whataburger for his dinner.




No comments: