Saturday, November 21, 2020

Not Much Going On!

I am behind.  So what else is new?

Ted’s endoscopy went fine.  They took a few biopsies which is not unusual.  The doctor said none of it looked suspicious but he will call when the results are back.  I dropped him off and went back for him a few hours later.  He was coughing and coughing when I picked him up so I gave him a tablespoon of HEB Tussin that has no alcohol and it stopped immediately and he never coughed again.  He slept most of the afternoon and by dinner time was ready to eat.

Irene and I went shopping later in the week and I returned a backpack to Coach.  I did buy two blouses and matching jewelry at Chico’s plus a few things at Bath and Body Works.  We then headed home to have a late lunch at Whiskey Cake, a newer restaurant in the area, that I had not visited yet.  It was really good.  We ordered the Whiskey Cake for dessert and cut it into four small pieces.  We each had one and I took the other two home to Ted.  He enjoyed that and the third pulled pork slider I brought home too.  

We both got haircuts on Thursday, had my car washed and went to the grocery.  Kept us out all day.  Friday I got the suitcases out and packed my clothes leaving room for Ted to put his in.  Overflow will go in a carryon size but we get two free suitcases so we’ll check both.  Waiting at baggage claim will be tricky.  We will stay clear and wait until the others have cleared so we can grab and go with no contact with anyone standing around.  

We have a busy week in Florida planned.  A trip to St. Augustine to see the city lights is scheduled for Tuesday.  We will eat at the Columbia Spanish restaurant then tour the city lights by tram.  You had to buy rows, not seats.  I bought two rows that will be separated by plexiglass panels.  We are meeting our good friends Tom and Eileen from Florida who will join the four of us.  So we will sit 3 to a row.  

Wednesday my sister and her husband are coming from the west coast of Florida to spend the day.  Kristin and I will set the table and prep food for Thursday so we are ready to go out when they arrive.  We will attend the Museum of Art where decorated trees, wreaths and gingerbread houses are on display followed by dinner at a favorite Italian restaurant.  

Only Larry’s sister is joining us for Thanksgiving dinner.  She lives by herself down the street from them and said she was not skipping Thanksgiving and seeing us.

We will head to the west coast to Fort Myers to visit some Ohio relatives visiting at my brother’s condo.  I think we will spend the day at the beach, stay over night at Hampton Inn and return to Orlando on Saturday.  Then we have two kick back and relax days before heading home to Texas!

I should have some fun photos from our trip next time I write.  I have our Christmas card all done with one spot left for a photo of us during this upcoming trip.  Hope we get a good one!




No comments: