Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Ho Hum, Not Much Going On!

We had our neighborhood birthday lunch this past week.  Only Gail and I had birthdays this month but Jeanette made a carrot cake from scratch for all of us.  I even brought a piece home for Ted.  I got my haircut over the weekend before we went to church and that was about it through the weekend.

I am stressing over the kitchen cabinet refinishing.  I have had a dozen samples but I still have not zeroed in!  But I think I am getting close, down to about four.

The fence guy is still coming back after exams about landscaping the two back corners.  I guess the delay worked well for us though because the second internet company is in our neighborhood laying cable.  The box was put next door but cable will be laid in front of our new fence.  

I had a GYN appt and found out Dr L. who received my mammogram results last year and brought us in to give us the news, had heard nothing else from MDA.  It probably was because after the original hospital jerked me around for six weeks, I jumped ship to MDA and they just assumed my follow up care!  I will see if I can get him listed on my team.  It is best to keep everyone in the loop.  Even though MDA will take over my bi-yearly mammogram, there is still things for Dr. L to oversee.  

My second Doc Talk was canceled because the doctor presenter was ill.  That ruined my plans for attending and having lunch with Nancy!

Ted is in San Antonio shooting in Nationals with friends Tal and Gary.  The Ohio people didn’t come this year.  My brother had surgery and can’t shoot for six weeks, so the free Air BnB disappeared and one golf cart.  It got too costly with fuel too and they bailed.  Ted, Tal and Gary split the rented golf cart charge, stayed at Fairfield Inn and they are enjoying themselves.  

We are expecting Keith and Steve on Thursday when their ship docks in Galveston.  I have some things planned so maybe my next blog will be more interesting.  

Stay tuned!





No comments: