Saturday, July 31, 2021

Our Week With Our Children 

We arrived at Addison Oaks, an Oakland County MI park, around 1:00 pm.  The roads were atrocious and I swear it felt like the fillings in my teeth would come out!   That didn’t happen but the bottom of a kitchen drawer came out of its groove and the teeny, tiny staples used to secure it were useless.  I noticed the drawer cockeyed and was unable to open it.  We were able to empty it and determine nothing was jammed, it was the drawer bottom loose on one side that was the problem.  I worked the glides until I could walk it out.  I was glad nothing was "broken" but the bottom needed to be slid back into the groove and secured.  A job for Bill!  He would have what we needed.

We set up and headed to Walmart to have my two prescriptions filled then went in to Kara’s to visit.  Bill fixed the drawer bottom with screws and glue.  I was able to put it back and refill it.

We visited at Kara’s for awhile then moved on over to Kelly’s where we ate a bit of dinner.  Kristin has been staying at Kelly’s before Larry arrives.  We eventually came home. 

We had a quiet morning Wednesday while Ted fussed around outside and I gathered what we needed to take in. I stripped our bed and took the few things since I washed Monday night to Kara’s. I also took a bag of peaches I peeled and froze to give to Kelly, the gifts I brought for CeCe and the Mexican Train game that we never used.

Kara did a pick up order from our favorite Italian restaurant since she hasn’t been out of the hospital for too long.  She sees her surgeon Thursday morning.

CeCe is quite a dancer and did a little Bob Sager with Pop.

 https://www.facebook.com/kara.r.kneale/videos/171508418380104/?d=n 

Larry arrived so everyone is in town.  We met Cassie’s most recent "friend" and everyone had plenty to eat!

All this activity is tiring me out and I fell asleep for awhile in the afternoon and I am still ready for bed tonight!

Wednesday I dropped Ted off at Detroit Sportsmen’s Club and headed to the hair salons for a very much needed haircut!  

Then I proceeded to the east side to pick up my friend Pat to visit a work friend of ours, Barb.  Pat recently lost her husband and moved into a senior apartment complex.  Barb had a bad week from expired insulin strips causing a sugar level problem.  She too has moved but needs to find something better suited to her needs.  We had a good visit before I headed back to Troy.  Bill had picked up Ted and we were all going to Kelly’s for Skyline!  

I had a protein drink for breakfast and a nectarine for lunch so I was more than ready for dinner.  Kelly turned on the Amazon Prime music channel and we had a danceathon, starring CeCe!  I think you have to tap the link below once and then tap another that appears to see it.  Since we would be pushing 100 to ever see her marry, I think it would make an excellent addition to an engagement or wedding video.

https://www.facebook.com/kara.r.kneale/videos/559990852046966/

We stopped at the store to get things for our dinner that will be tonight.  Grilled beef tenderloin, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, broccoli salad, rolls and chocolate eclair cake.  Kara is adding chicken breasts and  vegetables from the other night.  I believe  Kelly is bringing a salad too.  We have wood for a fire from the guy next door who just left so we need marshmallows! 

Dinner was excellent  Ted grilled the tenderloin perfectly  

I microwaved 10 baking potatoes and 12 ears of corn in the Instapot!   It isn’t easy to feed a dozen people out of a motorhome.




No comments: