Monday, July 5, 2021

Our Week in A Great Vacation Spot

I stepped up to tackle my convection/microwave that has intimidated me and kept me from using it.  The microwave part was ok.  It was the convection part that had me stymied.   So I used some of my Peach Truck peaches I peeled and froze to make a pie.  It turned out great!  Now I will continue on to more experiments!

Saturday morning found us at the Earle Theater for the live radio performance of the Merry Go Rounders.    It is second only to The Grand Old Opry in longevity.  We enjoyed the music, the cloggers from the audience and the workings of being on live radio.  


Eventually we left and went to lunch at Coppola’s pizza.  We returned home and Ted, Eileen,Tom and I all went to church.  The priest was saying his last Mass as pastor because he retires this week.  

From there we met up with Lee and Ira and headed to Pilot Mountain for the Hot Nights Hot Cars Cruise In.  We parked and walked Main Street looking for the music.  We found it but the guys had to walk back to get all six chairs.  It was a pleasant night, good music and lots of dancers to watch.  We danced one dance but that’s all.  

Sunday found us all ready for the Mt. Airy 4th of July parade.  It was so hometown, old fashioned patriotism it brought a lump to your throat.  I was kissed by a llama, caught candy I am saving for the kids, received a beer can cozy and fan from the Regional hospital.  










We returned home to a picnic right next to our campsite in a pavilion with tables. We had burgers and fried chicken with lots of trimmings.  After getting things cleaned up, we headed to Veteran’s Park for fireworks.  A terrific holiday!


No comments: