Monday, July 19, 2021

Lancaster

I am falling behind!  We are ready to leave Gettysburg and I haven’t kept up!

A visit with Abe!  He was sitting outside the Visitors Center.  Glad he was still there in today’s climate


The next day I turned over my navigating duties to the men and when I looked up we were in Harrisburg!  We went up the left side of a triangle and down the right side to Lancaster. We were supposed to take 30 which would be the straight line forming the base of that triangle!  

We were in Lancaster to scope out the campground our friends were going to the next week.  They were advised the bridge was out and they wanted to find the route in just the car rather than in the Motorhome towing the car.  Best decision ever!  

Our first attempt found us on the banks of a creek across from the park. Our second attempt took us in circles. I called the number listened and wrote down the directions and it still made no sense.  By the fourth try we ignored their directions, ignored the detour signs and finally made it.  We stopped in the office to inquire about check in times.  I told the lady the directions made no sense and to end up across the creek in an RV would be awful.  She admitted she never listened to the recording!  I suggested she do it. My first suggestion, identify the starting point!  Traveling east or west?  

After that we went to Bird In Hand for an Amish lunch. It was okay but can’t hold a candle to the quality of a Frankenmuth MI chicken dinner.

We drove to a collection of small shops where I purchased some mustard and jelly made on site.  Then we headed west on 30, a much shorter trip home,

The sides of the roads were full of trash.  First I saw a red truck tailgate and garbage.  Then a mattress and box springs.  Next up was this sign.  Whatever  





No comments: