Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Still Summer!

Ted went to Mission Skeet Club on Sunday and I played mahjong, still not winning!  I had put the tough brisket in the crockpot before I left, along with with onion soup and liquid.  Several hours later it was eatable.  We had open faced roast beef sandwiches for dinner and they weren’t bad.

Monday was another beautiful day.  We took advantage of the sunshine and went to Mexico.  


We did some shopping and then availed ourselves of the beautiful new restaurant on the second floor of the new Canada store.  There were only four other customers and yet there was lovely live music.  Food was good and very reasonable.  It was a pleasure to leave a nice tip for both the waiter and musicians.  

Here are a few photos of the restaurant and the plaza where our dentist is.  We have our teeth cleaned once a year here and then another time at home.  



After eating a late lunch we didn’t really want another meal so we used our BOGOF sundae at Star’s drive in that evening.  They were small and the ice cream grainy, not nearly as good as the shakes the week before.  There is a coupon in the Winter Texan weekly newspaper.

Tuesday, Ted shot clay birds from our gun range and I went to the clubhouse to play mahjong.  I not only won, but won three games!  Kathy won one and the rest went to the wall (no winner).  Tough crowd.

Wednesday was an unplanned day where I had no specific plans but Ted went back to Mission Skeet Club.  He usually shoots three times a week and I play mahjong three times so our time apart and together really evens out.

My friend Marissa and her husband Steve arrived from Nebraska.  They were held up having endoscopies for Barrett’s.  They had stopped by on Tuesday and visited with Ted so I walked over to welcome them.  I was so happy to hear the same halo ablation that helped Ted, helped Steve too.

Sue wrote and asked if I wanted to play Rummikub with her and Kathy at Kathy’s coach house in the afternoon.  I was finished with my “housework” so said yes, even though I didn’t know how to play!  We sat outside in the drive because it was so nice out.  We didn’t keep score but I did fine.  It involves a lot of observant strategy. 

Neither of us took anything out for dinner so we decided to use our free Whataburger coupons.  Then Ted wanted to use his 50 cent cone coupon on the back of our old Star receipt from last week.  I told him I didn’t want one.  I didn’t think the ice cream was that good and thought he would get a kid sized cone of mediocre ice cream.  Wrong!  I should have taken a photo.  It was about 6 swirls around the top of the cone.  It was a good 5 inch high!  He gave me a bite and oh what a difference!  Rich and creamy!  We must have gone to the wrong Star last time!  On Thursday there will be a new coupon!

Tomorrow will be busy.  I am picking up three ladies to join the group at a restaurant for our bi-weekly breakfast.  In the afternoon, we will play mahjong, and dinner on Niles’ patio is scheduled!  


No comments: