Monday, February 8, 2021

Running Out of Things To Do

Thursday was our biweekly breakfast out.  There were 16 ladies present.  We had a good meal and a great visit.  There was time between returning home and leaving for mahjong.  Then there was a little time before we had our pizza in the coach house, taking advantage of a sale of $8 for a large one topping pizza.  

We just hung out on Friday, playing Mexican Train in the evening.  And I won!  Saturday we went to Mass and then to the Mexican restaurant.  The show we had planned to see was cancelled.  One of the 4 ladies in the group had lost a son in a truck accident and the show was cancelled.  I don’t know if the 2/20 show will go on or not.  Such a terrible thing for a mother to bear.  

Sunday was the normal shooting for Ted, mahjong in the afternoon for me.  Our biggest decision each day is “what should we have for dinner?”  An extra tray of lasagna that I put in the freezer filled in on Sunday along with Texas garlic toast.  We have a tabletop oven we keep in the coach house so Ted tended the lasagna and toast out there.  I carried our plates and drinks out and we ate at the table. Makes for easy clean up.  

I decided on Monday to work on our summer trip.  Using RV Wizard I plotted our course for 5,000 miles over 68 days.  It will take us to the west coast of Florida, then the east coast of Florida and up through the Carolinas, into Virginia and then Pennsylvania with a week at Gettysburg and another week at Raystown Lake for my family reunion.  Once that is over we will travel across Ohio, into Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Mississippi, Louisiana and home.  I sent the info to Ted and Eileen telling them now is the time to speak up.  So far, no comments!  

That afternoon, the four of us decided to do the hamburger night drive thru at Mission West park for dinner, followed by more Mexican Train.  I did not win!

We are due for some very cold weather this coming weekend.  It has been such a beautiful 7 weeks that I guess we shouldn’t complain but I am dreading the cold temps!

I did get our March wedding trip all set up too.  We will fly on a Thursday, arriving late so we will stay at the airport Hilton.  Then we have a 110 mile drive to the wedding venue the next day.  As godparents of the groom we are invited to the rehearsal dinner and because I will be a Communion Minister I will have to attend the rehearsal to know how I am to carry out my duties.  A dinner will follow.  

The wedding is at 1:30 pm on Saturday, followed by a gathering at a local brewery, followed by a cocktail hour at the event center, followed by dinner, then dancing!  No wedding is complete in our family without a Proud Mary moment complete will “rolling on the river” (floor)!  We are a bit long in the tooth to be rolling around on the floor so we will just clap and cheer.  

We will return to Cincinnati on Sunday, returning to the airport Hilton where we will spend 2 nights.  It just makes sense to not check in a hotel Sunday night and check into a new one on Monday.  We have an early morning flight on Tuesday.  I have contacted Ted’s family and we will have lunch on Monday.  I will make time to visit my family that did not attend the wedding.  I hope to see a few friends too if we can work it out.  We stay busy when we go “home.”





No comments: