Friday, October 9, 2020

Getting Busier

Tuesday I played cards but didn’t win.  Good thing I don’t play high stakes poker!  The meal I ordered had bacon so overdone you could have shingled your roof with it.  When I went to pay I did not have my credit card wallet!  I thought Irene was going to have to bail me out but I found $10 in my coin purse.  Whew!  Changing purses can be dangerous I guess.  But it was good to get out, see a few friends and have a change of scenery.

Wednesday I was able to pick up my glasses and I can see near and far.  I don’t usually wear my glasses to drive unless I have to read street signs.  If I know where I am going I’m good!  I do wear them at night because of the halo effect but I seldom drive at night anyway.  I still am reeling from the price difference from the glass counter at the doctor versus Sam’s.

Thursday we had shocks put on the Expedition.  We are getting lots of things taken care of before we take off again.  

We have been watching "Bosch" on Amazon having caught up on "Mrs. Maizel."  The funny thing is we are getting messages across the bottom, not Closed Caption, in different languages.  It is like a mini course in Babel!  What we can translate indicates it is an explanation of time or place.  First was Spanish, then Chinese and now German.  We are learning the days of the week in German!  Sonntag is Sunday but I knew that already.  

We both had nice birthdays.  Lots of cards, greetings, friends and cake.

Friday we had our deck builders, the lawn people, the landscaper himself and the AC/Furnace yearly inspection.  The furnace and AC are fine.  The front planting corner area is redone and trees are trimmed.  The deck is half removed.  They will work on it this week.  






No comments: