Monday, October 5, 2020

Disjointed Days

I haven’t written because there didn’t seem much of anything to write about!  Other than going to church and out to dinner, I haven’t been anywhere or done much of anything!  

Terry and Carol’s daughter and her husband were in from Alabama so we went out for dinner.  It was so nice to have a visit with them.  Nancy, my mail organizer, invited me to visit with her husband who has had surgery.  So I made him some peanut butter cookies and spent 1.5 hours giving Nancy a break.  He goes to our church so conversation was easy.  

It was Ted’s 76th birthday on Sunday so we went with Terry, Carol, John and Irene to Morton’s for dinner and then back to Irene’s to play cards.  I did not win but Ted came in second!  Dinner was delicious and even though our dinners included dessert plus a birthday dessert for Ted, Irene had a cherry pie.  Oh brother!  

We met with two contractors and chose one to replace our deck.  He will start the week of  October 12 and said 7-10 days to complete.  Because we leave 10/17 I doubt it gets finished before we leave for San Antonio.  Of course it is outside so we don’t have to be home for them to work.

My 75th birthday was this past Sunday and the 6 from Morton’s plus 2 other couples are went to Carraba’s for dinner, birthday cake and cards!  I didn’t win!  


It also was our great granddaughter’s first birthday.  She celebrated in Michigan.  

We both had eye appointments last Tuesday and then Ted left for Wichita Falls and came back Wednesday, late afternoon.  Nancy came that afternoon to return my dish and we sat on the front porch for a long time visiting.  

I took my prescription for new driving glasses to the counter at the clinic.  I had with me a pair made for distance that didn’t work for me because when I used them to drive I couldn’t read anything on the dash!  So I asked to use those frames.  I was quoted $660.  After Ted left, I went to Sam’s and was quoted $199!  Now that is a considerable difference.  

There were two deaths this month too.  A fellow I worked with in the funeral ministry died unexpectedly and the next day a friend from the card group husband died waiting for a heart transplant.  So there was church Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  It is so sad and hard to have to offer condolences to their families.

Tomorrow I am going to play cards at a restaurant with 4 ladies and me at a table.  I need to get out a bit more.  I was in for 76 days before our 12 weeks out in the motorhome and have been in more or less since we returned the end of August.  It may not be the wisest of decisions but with the miles we cover through the year in our cars and motorhome, which is more dangerous?  Everyone has to decide for themselves.  

.    







No comments: