Thursday, August 10, 2023

Oh My! Where Have We Been?

Our time at Kelly’s flew by!  While they cruised Alaska we had dinner with Kara and Bill several times, I remember cooking dinner twice for us and Cassie, Ted went shooting a few times, I visited with Barb and Pat who I worked with when we lived here, we saw CeCe several times and took her to the “green ground.”  That translates to playground and we have no idea why it is green ground to her except maybe the grass.

And then it was time to leave for Cardinal Shooting Complex in Mt. Gilead, OH. We met up with Dan and Sue, then were joined by Kim and Marian on Saturday.  

It was a really tough course and one bad day hurt Ted and his score never recovered even with a good day on Sunday.  But it was fun and we loved spending time with some of my family.  We stayed over to Monday because his last round was at 2:30 Sunday and it is too cumbersome to check out by 11:00, shoot at 2:30 for 2.5 hours and then drive back to MI.

On our way home we received word my sister Karen, in memory care for the past year and a half had a turn for the worse.  Hospice was called in and they took over her care.  As of this writing it is a “wait and see because we know it is coming.”  My heart is broken. This must be about 1948 at Easter.  Karen is holding the bunny and I am in the middle in the ruffled hat.  


To help out, I cooked dinner on Tuesday night and Wednesday I cleaned out the hall closet for Kara.   She does not need toothbrushes or calcium pills for quite some time!  I had a doctor appointment yesterday when we returned and today we have hair cut appointments.  

We are supposed to leave here Monday for our 10 day stay in Manistee that is about 5 hours west of here and further away from Cincinnati.  We are playing it by ear.  Please pray for a peaceful passing and family acceptance at this difficult time.  



No comments: