Friday, November 11, 2022

Our Astros Won the World Series

I think the 6th inning of Game #6 of the World Series was the most exciting inning in Major League Baseball!  Ted wouldn’t watch because he feels he jinxes them.  When they got down to the last two strikes in the final inning I told him he needed to watch it.  He was in time to see Kyle Tucker catch that last fly out!  Such excitement.

It is only the first part of November and I feel like the holidays are breathing down my neck!  I really don’t think I have so much to do but if the past is any indication, reality will catch up with me.  I have to decide upon my days for decorating.  It won’t be extensive but Kelly, Pat and Cassie are coming so I will do some.  It may all sit there until I return in March, but such is life.  

Shopping will be gifts sent directly to Kara.  She did my wrapping last year and with 5 of us in Texas, only 8 will be in Michigan.  Each gets a gift and then an envelope and Kara doesn’t mind she says.  She likes wrapping gifts!  I have ordered Kelly’s and Cassie’s gifts purchased.  Pat will procrastinate!  

Ted worked two outings at the gun club this past week, we both participated in a zoom meeting with the estate lawyer and I had a doctor appointment.  We visited with Jay and Stella in Conroe while they were in the area for an RV rally.  They are heading to Mission TX so we will see them again soon.  We decided to go for a late lunch at a local BBQ.  We had to call to be sure they were open on a Sunday.  Ted asked Siri for the phone number for Yo Mama’s BBQ.  Siri asked “Do you mean Your Mother’s BBQ?”  We all had a good laugh … and she found the phone number!  

I played 3-13 on Tuesday and came in second, winning my $1 back!  Such high stakes!  On Wednesday Judie, Nancy and I all had the same class at Lone Star College but had been advised there would be an Active Shooter Drill.  We waited outside rather than having to take the stairs twice.  When nothing happened we went in and learned it had been cancelled.  So much for communication.  

We were expecting our Israeli neighbors for an evening visit so I went to H‑E‑B to get some snacks.  Then they called and changed the visit to Thursday evening!  We’re home in the evening so it didn’t matter.  They are on their way to Punta Cana on Saturday!  They keep us apprised of their comings and goings and quite frequently we handle mail, packages, yard and trash duty.  

Kara’s new jobs has some entertainment perks and Bill was thrilled to go to the Red Wings with seats a few rows back from the ice at the blue line.  Dinner was included.  I remember those days when I worked at Hoechst in Michigan.  I was in charge of Red Wing, Lions, Tigers and Pine Knob season tickets and my popularity with employees was off the charts!  My problem was I didn’t know who some of the entertainers were.  Smashing Pumpkins?  Red Hot Chili Peppers?  Frank Sinatra?  Him I knew!  It was a fun part of my Facility Manager job. 

Our neighborhood monthly luncheon was at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Casa Medina.  There were only six of us but smaller groups allow for more talking that can be heard by all.  Only Barbara has a November birthday and she came in spite of having knee replacement surgery today!  I was the planner so I brought cupcakes to celebrate.  

I invited Nancy to join us with Rafi and Soshi in the evening.  We had a great time discussing local things, traveling, etc.  I had a nice choice of snacks and drinks and it all went well.

Friday was errand day so Ted and I left for Sam’s to get our new members’  cards, bought some Guinness hoping it is as good as what you get in Ireland, protein drinks and put gas in my car.  We buy just a few things at Sam’s but we like the gas prices and the access to food stuff when we have company.  

Our weather has cooled and it is raining!




No comments: