Saturday, November 19, 2022

Mother Nature is Off Kilter

Two bad hurricanes in FL in November and in the 40s in Texas before mid November!  What’s up?  I hope things return to normal for this winter.  

We had a rather boring weekend.  Outside of church and eating out afterwards, we did nothing!  Thank God for Hallmark movies right now.  Our car did overheat Saturday night so that will be handled this week.  We can’t operate with just one car.

My niece Ann scanned photos we found in a family box of photos.  One I had never seen was of all my living grandmas at what must have been my baptism (10/28/1945) because at 6 weeks 12/2/1945, according to my baby book, my mother and I flew to El Paso TX on American Airlines to rejoin my father.  


Pearl Hall Homer (1), great maternal grandmother 
My mother’s best friend, Mary (2)
Colette Ruhe Boudot, my mother (3)
Amanda Schuesler Boudot (4), my paternal grandmother
Lucille Homer Ruhe (5), my maternal grandmother
Teresa Attermeyer Ruhe (6),  my great paternal grandmother
Elizabeth Malloy Boudot (7), my other great paternal grandmother

Three great grandmas and two grandmas!  Not shown are the three grandfathers alive at the time, Joseph Homer, husband to Pearl; Eugene Boudot, married to Amanda; Alvin Ruhe, married to Lucille.  I knew all of these folks well except Elizabeth.  I do remember one Christmas when she was present but I was very young.  Stunning photo for me to find.

Monday I played Canasta, came in second and won $3!  Before I went, I had to follow Ted to the garage to have whatever was wrong fixed.  Something to do with hoses.  After taking Ted to pick up his car Tuesday I spent time in the office tieing up loose ends on several irons I have in the fire.  I am still working with the lawyer about our trust, etc.  I set up a Gift to Minors account for CeCe, my calendar is filling up with holiday happenings so cleaning schedules are moving around.  I am hot and heavy into Amazon Christmas shopping and looking at Holy Land cruises for next fall.  I need to study Middle East maps better to determine where places are I want to see in relation to each other and distances from ports.  

I am off my hormone therapy for two weeks again.  Then I start on a new one.  If I have the muscle and joint pain with it after two weeks, I am to add Claritin for two weeks.  We will keep at it until we find the best one I can tolerate.  I have 4 more years so the sooner I get it right, the easier life will be.  

Ted had an eye appointment on Tuesday and Wednesday I went to a Girl’s Night out for only the second time.  Nice visiting with friends I have not seen in awhile.  I screwed up marking my calendar and wrote the Probate Class on the wrong day!  Wrote the right info in the wrong box!  So I will be attending the rescheduled one when it is offered.  Nancy and I did attend our last Doc Talk series on Friday.  We learned a lot about balance, exercises, eyesight and how it affects falls.  Memorial Hermann hospital experienced 1800 falls last year, more than half over age 65.  Biggest cause - hanging Christmas lights and cleaning gutters.  Interesting and some good info.

We have zeroed in on a cruise, Oceania Nautica from Barcelona to Dubai next November.  It was almost entirely booked already with only 3 levels having availability.  We chose the middle Concierge Level that includes a few extra perks.  I now have another thing on my desk, along with my Christmas cards that have arrived.

We are going to friends for Thanksgiving and I have four pies to bake, fresh cranberry relish and sweet potatoes to make also.  I will be busy Wednesday and Thursday morning.  Enjoy your day.  






  








No comments: