Saturday, April 2, 2022

Another Week Toward Recovery

It is always in the back of my mind where I would be now in my “treatment” that first was thought necessary for my recovery.  I guess I presented backwards.  The worst cancer cells showed up in the biopsy and the rest got less and less bad.  The 1.3 mm size and finding it so early played a huge part in all of this.  I don’t have a lot on my calendar because I was planning maybe initially not feeling too good for 3 months.  What a relief to have avoided that.  

Monday we went to Healthy Women and spent 1.5 hours getting fitted.  The lady was so helpful and patient.  Medicare will pay for one prosthesis and 3 bras.  Then another prosthesis in 6 months but 3 more bras every 3 months.  At that rate I will need another dresser drawer!  There are two types of prosthesis,


one silicone and the other one, leisure.  It feels like a bean bag to me.  I bought the second prosthesis because I wanted one of each.  In 6 months I can choose a second one of the one I like best.  We stopped in Tomball for lunch where I had an awesome mahi mahi sandwich.

There is a shredding day happening in a few weeks here in our neighborhood so I spent time gathering oodles of things I can take.  I have a shredder but there is so much I am taking the easy way out.  

Friday we went to get our haircut.  Cindy seemed to be having difficulty and spent over an hour cutting Ted’s hair!  He doesn’t have that much.  I was up next and asked him if she was ok.  He said “no, I think she has had a stroke or her meds are out of whack.”  She has many health issues and is scheduled for a pet scan Monday.  I begged off saying I had developed a headache and would call for next week.  There were people there in the salon who had been with her all morning so we did not leave her alone.  I wish I had her daughter’s phone number to tell her of our concern.  Now I am not sure what to do!  

We have decided to go away over Easter weekend in the motorhome to give it a run like we did right before Christmas.  Tommy and Susan were supposed to go but Tommy put his motorhome on RV Trader and immediately got an interested buyer!  So we are going ahead with our plans.  If they don’t sell, they can join us.  If they do, they can come visit us because we are not going too far.  That’s traveling companions #2 who are giving up their RV.  None of us are getting any younger.  Our friend in Mission who has a house there and one in MN has been taking chemo and will have to remain down there through the summer.  They sold their motorhome  when they bought the house even though it has an attached porch to park.  Another friend there did the same with their 5th wheel.  Times, they are a changin’.  





No comments: