Friday, October 15, 2021

So Much Fun!

It was a delight to stay home on Thursday!  How quickly disliking having things to do versus having nothing to do occurs. Hard to reach a happy median. I was able to do the laundry and get things in order. 

The Friday morning "meeting in the park" was so refreshing.  We had the pavilion on the water. Our social committee did not disappoint with coffee, cider, water, breakfast burritos, cookies and cupcakes!  It was a long meeting because so much ground needed to be covered. 

I saw so many friends I have made over the last 10 years. There was a tribute to our cancer survivors because apparently there is an All Cancers month (actually February they said) so we were honoring our ladies the first chance we were all together.  Certainly a group you don’t want to belong to but an amazing show of resilience and grace.

L

In the afternoon I had an appointment for my mammogram.  I am 6 months late due to covid and traveling.  I did wear my bracelet I was given at the meeting.  By the time I got home I had an additional green band saying I was checked in at the hospital front door for covid,  accompanied by my info bracelet given at check in.  I am now down to GYN, PCP and eye doctor to see before we take off again.

We attended Mass Saturday evening and ended up at Appleby’s for dinner.  Let’s just let it at "now we know why they had parking and tables available, unlike most of the others".  

I took Sunday off!  I did just what I had to and spent the rest of the day catching up with family, we have a couple very delicate medical situations going on and decisions will need to be made.  Conditions are so fluid that plans are hard to make.  There is not much I can do from here except pray and stand ready to help where and when I can.  

Monday was nail day.  I had two excellent operators and they both did a fine job.  We are set for third covid shots Wednesday and haircuts on Thursday. 

We received our booster shot so we are caught up and I hope everyone is happy  I immediately ordered passport covers with a side for your vaccine card.  I admit traveling was my main reason for taking the shot.  With family spread all over the country I need to be able to travel however necessary to get places in a short period of time. It hasn’t come to that yet but I am prepared if it does.  

Haircuts were taken care of so we are ready for the weekend and whatever it brings.

Saturday was a work day at the gun club for Ted, laundry for me.  It poured rain as we drove to church but stopped before we got there.  Ted chose Black Bear diner for dinner.  

CeCe participated in the Trunk or Treat at Morgan’s high school where she was in charge of the Japanese Club trunk.  

 


Ted headed to San Antonio this morning to participate in Sporting Clay National Championships.  He is attending with Tom and Tal.  Brother Dan and Sue did not come from Ohio this year due to medical procedures he thought were going to happen but were moved to December.   

And time marches on.  





No comments: