Friday, June 18, 2021

We and Willie “0n the road again.”

 I just noticed I didn’t post my last post.  Sorry!  

We stopped in Baton Rouge after a hectic day of construction, traffic (!) and lousy roads.  Also, Louisiana has two rest areas open on I-10, one at the beginning, another at the end.  Good thing we have our own along.  

In the morning our air brake would not air up beyond 65 and you can’t put it in gear.  We called my nephew Danny who runs two Freightliner dealerships.  He said tap on the compressor or governor, lots of time that fixes it.  There are so many safety things built in you have to be a detective!  But he did not know where ours specifically would be located.  I found photos on the internet, Ted found it, tapped with a screwdriver handle and voila, it worked!  We lost a bit of time but that’s all.  It has been ok since.  Ted thinks he turned the key to ACC too soon when dumping the air the night before.  

So we traveled on through AL and MS without incident.  Our next stop was Cottondale, FL.  It was right off I-10, a Passport America park and had full hook ups.  It was rustic but we had a very long pull through which was easy to pull into.  The next morning we pulled straight out and hit I-10 again.  Next up was Bushnell, FL.  This was a high end resort but also Passport America so not expensive.  We went in the pool for awhile and walked to Walmart to get a few groceries.  There was a wooden bridge right behind us and Walmart across the street from that, we saw some cranes on our way over the bridge.


Today we will finish this part of our odyssey at Sanibel Island, FL where about 50 of us are gathering.  My brother has a Ft. Myers condo, we have our RV and the rest have rented every cabin at Mitchell’s Sand Castles, cute little cottages in pastel colors.  It reminds me of Curacao.  I hope we have good weather.  All my sister’s kids, grandkids and great grands are so looking forward to the week.  

No comments: