Sunday, June 6, 2021

Hang In There

We are close to hitting the road so hopefully my posts will get more interesting.  New places, new faces for you to meet.  

Tuesday we played cards and with a total of only 4 other points, got knocked out of the money with one bad hand.  Such is life!

Our Israeli neighbors were heading out again and invited us over for a visit.  We are like ships passing in the night.  They spread their time between here, California and Israel.  So with our coming and going we are seldom here at the same time.  I had to print out some Covid things they needed for travel.  Their printer broke.

The landscaper came to put in the French drain which was an all day job.  I had to leave midday to get a haircut and I stopped by Irene’s to pick up my half box of peaches from the Peach Truck.  It poured rain and I had to finally just make a run for it.  When I arrived home two large trucks were trimming the house next door’s live oak and magnolia trees and our guy had his truck and trailer parked too.  Took some doing to get into the drive and the garage.  And … it was still pouring down rain!  I just wanted to get inside!

Nancy stopped by Friday to pick up some peaches I shared with her.  I had dusted all the blinds and shutters, replaced the sensor for the sprinklers on the back fence and Ted changed our shower head.  So every day we had a little extra something to do.  I have been gathering my clothes and paperwork, gave Nancy paperwork she will need, went to Kroger’s and put it all in the motorhome.  We are getting ready!

We went to Mass and out with Terry and Carol for dinner.  They have sold their house and are moving … but where remains the big question.  Personally I would have figured that out before selling my house but to each his own.  Alabama is at the top of the list I think.  They have a son, daughter, and two granddaughters married and with children there.  However, they all live in different cities.  But we know by the time we return, they will be gone.  And once again our closest relative will be a sister in law in Slidell, LA.  Thank goodness for great friends.

We attended the Tomball German Festival Sunday afternoon.  It was extremely hot so we visited three entertainment venues, had a pretzel and the flattest Coke I have ever had but it was cold and wet!  We walked up and down looking at the food and merchandise vendors but it was too hot to each anything else and there was nothing we needed.  They had free parking, free shuttle service and no admission so it didn’t matter whether we stayed a short or long time.  We returned home about 5. 

Ross playing Edelweiss on a saw.   


This group was so entertaining.


We plan to return for the German Christmas Markets we are familiar with from our trips along the Rhine, Mainz and Danube Rivers.  They will be hard to duplicate. 









No comments: