Thursday, April 29, 2021

#56 In The Books!

 I cleaned thoroughly and did three loads of laundry on Friday.  Things are under control!

Saturday was officially our 56th wedding anniversary.  We were married at St. Bonaventure church in Cincinnati, OH.  A brunch reception followed Mass, a dinner was served for the wedding party at Forest View Gardens later in the day and a reception that evening for everyone was held at Covedale Hall.  

We spent our wedding night in our apartment that I had been living in for a month.  After Mass on Sunday morning, we headed to the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania for a week at Cove Haven, a honeymoon resort.  We had a great time!

This year after Mass we met Terry and Carol at Casa Medina for dinner.  It was a two margarita night!  And they bought our dinner!  


We went back to their house to play cards and I won!

On Sunday Ted was shooting in a charity tournament representing Wood Forest Development on Sunday, They had sponsored a team and told the gun club to fill it.  So Ted and three others filled the bill.  He came home with a goody bag with hats, shirts, coozie, etc.  They fed them too!  

I spent my day with my friend Irene at the outlet mall visiting Chico’s, Coach and Carter’s.  I bought a new purse, shorts, crop pants, T shirt and two size 24 month outfits for CeCe!  We called John when we left and when we arrived at the restaurant, he was just getting out of the car.  Great timing!  We had BBQ and they bought my dinner.  What a weekend!

I didn’t do much on Monday.  I packed CeCe’s package for mailing and paid a few bills but not much else besides normal housekeeping stuff.  A day at home is always welcome.  We were surprised and tickled when we saw our newly planted hostas and astilbe have already sprouted!  The hostas are in the lead.

My 6 month check up with my PCP was Tuesday morning.  My numbers were awesome. 116/72 BP, 61 heart rate, 98 pulse ox, weight stable and two pages of good blood test results from last week at the hematologist.  He was so pleased, as was I!  He ordered three more tests, cholesterol, thyroid and urinalysis and called in my prescriptions.  I am good until Fall!

I left there and drove to the lab where I had to wait around until I could fill my little bottle!  Next up was a stop at the post office to mail CeCe’s “just because” package.  From there I headed to the nail salon.  It has been since mid March, right before our trip to Ohio, since they were done.  The girl had a fit when I asked  her to cut my “beautiful” (her words) nails.  They were so long!!  She reluctantly cut them!

It was mid afternoon by the time I arrived home.  Ted was in the shower and then went to the grocery, which he does most days.  Nancy, my neighbor and mail lady, came over for a visit. We sat on the front porch and had a nice visit. She has finally started playing dominoes again with her friends, twice now since March a year ago.  She stayed in all year!  

Ted grilled fillets for dinner and they were sure good.  Then we had a quiet evening at home.

Wednesday was a birthday celebration for Teri.  We met at Tommy Bahamas for lunch, cake and a few presents.  It is so good that people are coming out.  Most people are getting vaccinated and feel comfortable in small groups I guess.  We have never stopped going to restaurants and have sat in faraway corners away from others but that was okay.  


I tried to work out a quick trip to Florida because all three of my girls will be there together but I waited too long to book a ticket with good travel times that wouldn’t disrupt anyone.  So now I have 5 days of nothingness!  I won’t bore you with those details,  just be advised we will go to church, that’s a given.  












  

No comments: