Sunday, December 20, 2020

We Have Arrived!

 Let’s hear it for the old lady!  I drove 400 miles through Houston, skirted Corpus Christi and traversed I-2  west to Mission.  I just followed Ted.  We stopped twice for fuel.  He wanted to be full when we parked and I put in $8 worth at the first stop, just in case one tankful wouldn’t do it.  We had no difficulties, at least not any that held us up.  

When we arrived, Kay and Norm saw us and came running out, soon to be joined by Steve and Patty next door.  For some reason they all thought we weren’t coming for a couple of weeks.  Norm helped me spot Ted while he backed in and then I moved both cars from other’s drives to ours.  My Summit is parked in front of the motorhome and the Expedition is backed up in front of the coach house. 

Niles stopped by to welcome us and invite us to a Star of Bethlehem gathering at the gun range Monday  night.  We will share appetizers and visit, then turn off the lights to see Saturn and Jupiter closer than they have been since the 1200s.  People are calling it the Christmas Star and their pastor will give a reflection on it.  Since we are not sure if we will be able to find a church socially distanced on Christmas Eve, this may be our best shot at a homily.  

Wednesday we are invited for grilled tilapia at Sue and Niles’and I have them and Karen and Jim for Christmas dinner.  It is going to be a busy week.  

I will be playing mahjong on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.  So that fills up the week.  

Just wanted you all to know we made it safely and to wish you all a very Merry Christmas however you have chosen to spend it!  

No comments: