Tuesday, September 8, 2026

On To the Disney Fantasy

Ted drove us Friday morning to Cape Canaveral to board the ship.  Morgan made things for our door.


 

Dumbo is the mascot for the Famtasy.  We  were a few doors apart because we had 2 occupants and they had 3.  We enjoyed two beaches, Castaway Cay and their newest island park Lighthouse Point.  We had been to Castaway twice before but Lighthouse was our first time and it is beautiful.  In Nassau we chose to stay onboard and visit Palo for brunch. It is supposed to be “the thing” to do.  However, twice the waiter gave Morgan the gluten plate and her gluten free to Bill. Not once but twice!  

We saw Frozen and Aladdin productions on two different nights. We played bingo on the last night and Ted got down to one number for $5000!  We sat at a table with a delightful couple from England! 

Disney has you rotate dining rooms with your servers following you. With Morgan’s gluten free needs, Bill’s dairy issue, Ted’s wanting nothing extra put on top of his meal … I was the easy one. One starter, one entree. One dessert. No special requests or instructions!  I didn’t cook it. I wasn’t cleaning up, I wasn’t doing dishes. I ate what they put in front of me. 


After 5 glorious days at sea we were back at the dock to disembark.  One fellow loaded ALL the luggage for us 5 and pushed the cart all the way to the car in the garage!  We loaded up with their things on top so we could unload those things quickly at the airport. Then we were on our way heading west to Texas. 

We spent the night in Biloxi with a very early start the next morning.  Due to Hurricane Eduard SH105 through Sour Lake was blocked and flooded so we had to stay on major highways.  We normally get off I-10 just past Beaumont but we took it into the third circle freeway around Houston (99) to I-45 which brings us just 4 miles from home. 

Laundry!  Laundry!  Laundry!  Despite having a washer and dryer in the apartment we still brought several loads  plus what we had in the hamper here. Took a long time to get that caught up. 

Ted was off to his prison duties, we went to Church and ate at Subway just to have something simple. 

I played cards this week and came in second. 

My friend Irene (age 84) fell in Dallas at Walmart and is now home with a separated shoulder. She lives alone so needs constant care. I am set to stay with her Thursday and we will go from there.  She broke my 11th commandment. STAY UPRIGHT!  

We have a busy travel schedule starting 10/1.  We are flying to Detroit on the 1st to attend our grandson’s wedding all of sudden happening in Detroit on 10/2.  Since we were already booked out of Houston on 10/4 we have to fly back on 10/3 and then turn around and go back the next morning to use our original  itinerary. To fly Houston to Detroit to Amsterdam more than doubled our fare. Delta looked and looked and said going to Detroit and back was the best plan!  

The wrinkle in all of this is the water level of the Danube River is so low that all cruises scheduled for mid September have been cancelled. So that quick turn around may be for naught. I think in the next week or two the rug may be pulled out from under us.  

Then we leave the week before Thanksgiving to get Ted’s prosthetic eye replaced in Southfield MI and an early Thanksgiving with the kids before heading to Cincinnati for Thanksgiving with my brother. 

We made reservations for Christmas because Ted had originally planned to get his eye taken care of right before but that is no longer necessary but we decided to just go as planned. 

I think we will be laying low once winter comes!    


 

No comments: