Saturday, August 17, 2024

Home Again


We spent the night in Arkansas as planned and after a good breakfast and taking a breakfast bag to go, we were on our last leg home. We arrived about 3 pm.  I immediately started two loads of laundry, went through the mail and checked the closet light, shower sprayer and garage door opener pad installed in our absence. 

Wednesday was unpacking what wasn’t in the laundry bag and working on a few things that popped up in that they needed attention. Thank you for your hospitality cards, birthday card, Hilton rebate, sign up for Southwest Rapid Rewards.  

Our neighborhood birthday luncheon was Thursday.  Since I had most everything under control it was a pleasure to have somewhere to go.  Four of the gals were missing but the group had a good time anyway. 

Friday we planned to return the wheelchair to Irene and lend my floor peddler to Rachel who just had her second knee replacement. Her husband starts radiation and chemo for prostate cancer next week.  An all too often occurrence among our friends. We had stopped there first and continued on to Irene’s.  We had never seen their house renovation so we spent some time with her.  She is doing well in John’s absence but says she feels “off.”  Ted is going to help her dispose of John’s guns, most are old hunting shotguns but still firearms and sales must be done properly.  I suggested she get someone at Home Depot to change the battery in her garage remote.  It isn’t working but the inside button does so I encouraged her to try the easiest thing first. I also promised to go back over and get her sprinkler system set properly.  First I have to determine if she has a rain sensor!  

I am glad to report Irene took all 3 remotes to Home Depot where they replaced batteries to her garage doors.  They are all working perfectly and she thinks I’m a genius!  

We went to church where a family of four sat in front of us after we were seated.  Let’s just say I told Ted to remind me to sit behind some adults already seated!  We went to Local Table afterwards, Ted’s first time to eat there.  We both enjoyed our food and he said we will definitely go back.  

Sunday I got dressed and drove to the nail salon and it was closed!  Ted has his endoscopy and colonoscopy on Tuesday so we just stayed home while he started his first bottle of medicine.

Monday Ted was confined to home and continued his prepping and I had my monthly Canasta game to attend.  My neighbor Anna joined us as a sub.  Neither of us finished in the money!

We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 am on Tuesday. All went well with both the colonoscopy and the endoscopy and by the time I drove Ted home he was ready to eat breakfast.  Pathology will take two weeks but Dr W said there were no findings to be alarmed about.  Wednesday we went to church for the holyday.

I had a routine doctor appointment on Thursday and while I was gone Ted took four small meatloaves to Rachel.  They were uncooked so could be baked right away, which she did, or freeze them, which she did with the other two.  With both down, it is tough to get meals together.  

Friday we both went with Irene to help her get info for sale of a gooseneck trailer and tractor John had in storage.  The tractor was on the trailer and both buyers wanted to know what was in there.  She had two boxes of keys to try!  Finding the place was the hardest part and it didn’t take long since the lock and key were numbered.  Once we fished through the proper size keys and found the right number we were in!  Problem solved.  We were treated to breakfast for our trouble but we were happy to have helped. I did stop at her house to check the sprinklers because they had come on in the morning and shouldn’t have.  I found a few random zones on Programs B and C and removed them.  I told Irene to watch the lawn to see that it is getting enough water and we can adjust if needed.

Kristin is back in Houston and will be here Saturday evening. We are working on our booked Disney cruise with Kelly, Cassie and CeCe!  I am dumbfounded to learn I have aged out on at least two different excursions!  Up to age 70 on one and 75 on the other.  Good thing I don’t want to swim with the dolphins but I did like the idea of the glass bottomed kayak!  




  


 






No comments: