Thursday, May 2, 2024

I Don’t Know If Anything Interesting Has Happened But Here Goes

Happy 59th Wedding Anniversary to Us



Ted’s trip home from Phoenix and being picked up was quite an adventure.  His plane boarded late, got stuck on the tarmac behind a plane that lost its wheel and finally arrived back here late.  He landed at Terminal E which does not have Arrival or Departure areas so he had to change terminals.  I was in the cell lot, the airport is one big construction zone, and I started out for C, arriving at Departures where he said he was but then he called and said he was at D Departures!  I had to exit the airport, make a U turn back into it to follow the signs to D.  But the lane ran out, blocked by concrete barriers.  I could see Ted up ahead but the guard didn’t want me to stop in the outer lane.  I did anyway!  As Ted got in the car, the guard was shaking his head,  I said “this hasn’t been fun” and pulled away!  By then it was dark and I had to drive home because Ted was in the passenger seat. 

Wednesday was our 59th anniversary. We celebrated at the cardiologist, Ted for a EKG as part of his Clearance to have his annual endoscopy, me for my last ablation.  What fun!  He worked at the gun club Thursday and Friday so Saturday we attended “date night and dinner” presented by his Bible Study group.  I finally met many of the men he gathers with every Monday.  The presentation was on marriage so it was a fitting evening.  

Ted had an Echo cardiogram the next week.  Then he was able to take his Clearance papers to Dr. W who is going to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy at the same time.  We are still waiting for them to tell us when.

Today I drove an hour in pouring rain, through standing and rushing water, attempting to go to a Newcomers breakfast!  It was in the south that floods and I eventually had to turn around and pray I made it home.  There were cars abandoned all over the place.  My trusty Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit handled it beautifully.  I received an email when I checked my phone.  The breakfast was cancelled!  

Good news from our friends Tom and Eileen.  He has been cleared of any cancer now.  He went through surgery, chemo, radiation and immunotherapy to a clear MRI.  So we are planning a New England tour in September to celebrate our 79th and 80th birthdays.  Of course we are now waiting for Ted’s colonoscopy, endoscopy and PSA results from his routine checkups to make the deposit.

On a sad note, we lost our good friend John, Irene’s husband, to pancreatic cancer just two weeks after diagnosis.  They were here in January for dinner and my last memory of him will always be of John and Ted sitting in our family room sharing a Guinness!  Rest in peace, John.  You were a good and faithful servant.  

Things are a bit busier in the next weeks.  But not anything to get excited about!

Our CeCe photos from school this week.  She is graduating to Transitional Kindergarten because her fall birthday keeps her out of Kindergarten for the 2024-25 regular school year so this is a step in between.  


Playing Doctor, getting her temp taken.

Writing her numbers left handed.
Drawing with right hand.
Back to the left.

.






No comments: